Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals with DevOps experience in a networking environment. In this role, you will assist with the creation and support of scripts and tools to facilitate automation and technician efficiency. Ideal candidate possesses knowledge of network operations and experience with IP, Metro, Transport or Access/Broadband networks.
• Work closely with the Network Transformation organization individually or in collaborative teams to design, develop, and deliver various automation integration support and data analysis for clients throughout the Lumen Organization.
• Work in a Network Operations environment amongst network engineers with a goal of optimizing troubleshooting procedures and expanding machine to machine capabilities via automation and tools.
• Ability to effectively manage and deliver multiple projects to operational stability
• Champion methodology by demonstrating ownership of all aspects of the development lifecycle
• Communicate with all stakeholders throughout a project to gain clarification of requirements, provide project status, identify gaps, identify issues, discuss schedules
• Ability to influence the work of others in order to drive medium & large projects to successful completion through effective project management, customer interaction, and coordination
• Ability to effectively estimate the time it will take for themselves and others to perform tasks and are able to influence the team's work to be completed within those timeframes
• Effectively categorize support problems and respond with the appropriate level of urgency
• Hands on with coding practices on multiple applications preferably multiple functional areas using various technologies.
• Support existing applications and procedures
• Write documentation to support applications and processes
• Ability to modularize and scale solutions to meet the agreed upon business transformation goals.
• Collaborate and influence architects and operations team members to make the projects a success from inception to delivery
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 312772
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Maternity leave coaching
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
We are a global company of over 40,000 professionals, dedicated to empowering businesses to produce amazing things. Driven by the challenges and opportunities of the 4th Industrial Revolution, we’re helping to change how people interact and how companies acquire, analyze and act on data with flexible, intelligent, secure and collaborative solutions built for the next generation of business.