Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Director Product Development, Solution Strategy and Delivery will oversee enterprise-wide implementation of all programs within the enterprise Mid-Markets Segment. Working effectively as a contributing member of the segment management team, he/she will provide product leadership, strategic direction, and have a proven record to execute on such direction. This requires creating a scalable delivery model that ensures high quality, large-scale implementations to meet schedule commitments and project budgets, while effectively managing customer engagements at scale. Through your leadership, Lumen will become more agile and improve its ability to deliver customer solutions efficiently and reliably. Key to success are excellent planning, communication and customer service skills, innovative product process design, a strong executive presence, the ability to partner across departments, acute financial and project accounting skills and the ability to build excitement around transformation.
• Working closely with peer product management leads, enable profitable growth for the enterprise Mid-Markets product delivery portfolio.
• Influence and inspire teams to collaborate effectively and promote a customer segment mindset in our priorities
• Build and develop an exceptional matrixed delivery team focused on both delighting the customer and managing the business
• Craft and execute best-in-class product delivery processes that deliver projects on time, within budget and to defined product SLAs
• Drive business transformation; delivery efficiencies, continuous improvement and scalable solutions
• Maintain, manage and grow business relationships with key Group and Business Unit executives as a trusted partner. Understand segment and business unit focused products, services and roadmaps
• Work with Business and executive stakeholders to effectively manage competing priorities
• Focus on solving customer problems and adding value for customers
• Develop mechanisms to funnel customer feedback about solutions and needs to product teams
• Define KPIs to ensure that customer delivery is best-in-class
• Apply data-driven methods to inform decisions about solutions, deliveries, and teams
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
• Inspire, make tough decisions, promote initiative ownership, get things done
• Understanding of information technology systems and standard system implementation methodologies.
• Align and support Lumen software development delivery model founded on SAFe principles
• Partner with the teams to help identify savings opportunities and synergies between teams, embedding a culture of continual cost optimization into teams.
• Provide financial analysis and support on complex decisions including business case evaluations as needed.
• Build strong customer and business partner relationships, with a focus on collaboration as well as open, candid and direct communications
• Responsible for Customer Interfacing Escalation management
• Builds, develops and motivates a high performing team by setting challenging performance goals, coaching and managing performance, and holding both employees and consultants/contractors accountable for results
• Manage multiple complex projects and programs which are broad in scope, interdependent, high risk, high impact and with various implementation time frames that impact the greater organization.
• Fosters an environment that supports the drive for continuous improvement (productivity and quality) by initiating change and creating an environment that is conducive to change.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• Proven track record of a customer focus and working closely with business partners to successfully drive overall company objectives.
• Demonstrates exceptional relationship building skills with strong ability to influence others.
• Strong Presentation & communication skills
• In-depth financial understanding and demonstrated strong negotiation skills
• Domain expertise in Software Development, System Implementations, Systems Integration and/or Solution Development
• Drive transformational business change, simplifying complexity in a comprehensive and challenging environment
• Anticipates future outcomes and trends accurately; demonstrates broad knowledge and perspective; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
• Envisions new and unique ideas; makes connections across concepts.
• Decide and act with agility without having the total picture; comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Provides current, direct and “actionable” positive feedback to others.
• Develops realistic and comprehensive plans, adjusts as needed, meets or exceeds defined timelines and financial targets, delivers high quality work
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors of Science in Accounting, Finance, Tech/Telecommunications or Computer Science or related field required; Master’s degree is a plus
• 8-10+ years related experience
• Ideally has people management experience in a medium/large technology organization over high-performing, geographically distributed team; international/global background is a plus
• Experience leading key initiatives against strict timeline and multiple priorities.
• Consultative style, comfortable serving as a key advisor and business partner.
• Solid executive presence with demonstrated history of working with customers and business leaders
Requisition #: 324855
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Maternity leave coaching
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
We are a global company of over 40,000 professionals, dedicated to empowering businesses to produce amazing things. Driven by the challenges and opportunities of the 4th Industrial Revolution, we’re helping to change how people interact and how companies acquire, analyze and act on data with flexible, intelligent, secure and collaborative solutions built for the next generation of business.