Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Operations Technician 2 will work in a challenging, hands-on environment as part of the Lumen PMO in support of the JWAN Contract. Applies advanced engineering and network principles, theories, concepts and technologies to solve unusually complex problems and issues. Leads the development, evaluation and implementation of new and innovative principles, processes and applications.
• Analyze, administer, and maintain telecommunications and network cabling infrastructure.
• Responsible for tasks assigned by project managers in connection with service orders and repair activities related to Category 6 cabling, Voice over IP networks (VOIP), and fiber optic cabling infrastructure.
• In-depth knowledge of TDM networks
• Dress, terminate, and test cables and components
• Ability to work with power tools and ladders
• Install, maintain and repair voice and data communications systems.
• Interpret service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
• Test, locate, install, and repair cabling infrastructure associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
• Verify work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
• Verify service by testing installed cabling; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
• Well-versed in the use of network cabling test equipment including network testers, copper cable testers, fiber OTDRs and fiber power meters.
• Document network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
• Maintain network by troubleshooting and repair outages; testin network back-up procedures; update documentation.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Participate in special projects as required
• Identify, track and remove abandoned cable, and keep cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to the position; an additional 4 years of may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience in addition to education level.
• Must currently possess one of the following certifications:
CySA+ (formerly CSA+_)
CISSP (or Associate)
• Experience working in a DoD or IC environment desired.
• Current active TS/SCI clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a CI polygraph.
** COVID-19: This position requires contractor personnel to attest to being fully vaccinated or, if not fully vaccinated, provide weekly testing results if located at facilities in medium and high community levels. Weekly testing is not required for individuals located at facilities at low community levels. Based on rates measured by the CDC, those located at facilities in counties with high community levels must always wear a mask. Masks are not required for all those located at facilities at low and medium community levels
Requisition #: 320871
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Maternity leave coaching
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
We are a global company of over 40,000 professionals, dedicated to empowering businesses to produce amazing things. Driven by the challenges and opportunities of the 4th Industrial Revolution, we’re helping to change how people interact and how companies acquire, analyze and act on data with flexible, intelligent, secure and collaborative solutions built for the next generation of business.