Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Operations Technician II – Federal (OSP Fiber Maintenance) ensures maintenance related to network fiber are accomplished to program and industry standards.
• Work all aspects of OSP maintenance and splicing
• Splice and test fiber optic cable in all types of field environments
• Characterize installed fiber (OTDR, LTS-OPM, ORL, CD, PMD testing)
• Provide emergency response for fiber restorations
• Interface with OSP engineers to determine best course of action for repairs
• Install racks and Fiber Distribution Panels (FDPs)
• Terminate fiber optic cables
• Read and interpret Method of Procedures (MOPs), OSP drawings, and Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) traces
• Manually uncover manhole/handhole using hand tools
• Read and interpret splice diagrams
• Install indoor conduit (EMT) when required
• Provide assistance to route surveillance team when required
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• Able to stand or sit for hours in front of splice machine
• Clean driving record
Education and Experience:
• Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, or Networks; or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience
• Three or more years applicable work experience
• Some local travel required
• US Citizenship required
• Selected candidate must be willing to undergo, receive, and maintain U.S. Government security clearance (TS-SCI w/poly)
Requisition #: 300340
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Maternity leave coaching
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
We are a global company of over 40,000 professionals, dedicated to empowering businesses to produce amazing things. Driven by the challenges and opportunities of the 4th Industrial Revolution, we’re helping to change how people interact and how companies acquire, analyze and act on data with flexible, intelligent, secure and collaborative solutions built for the next generation of business.