Join our innovative and collaborative Digital Transformation and Data team. As an Agile Coach, you’ll care about how individual teams and the organization are functioning and performing within our Corporate Operations Group and beyond. You will apply your broad data expertise though a mix coaching others, providing strategic advice, and performing Agile practice.
· Maintain themselves as a master of agile, scaled agile methodologies, and new and emerging common agile practices.
· Ensure teams and the organization have a clear understanding of the values and practices of agile and agile methodologies, and the rationale behind them. Encourage and assist them with making continuous improvements to their agile ways of working.
· Lead and coach others in facilitating the regular team ceremonies e.g., daily stand-ups, refinement, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, open space, lean coffee etc. Be adept at introducing fresh ideas and feedback into ceremonies to ensure these are at their most effective and stay interesting and relevant.
· Understand and help individuals and teams achieve their key motivations, career objectives and personal improvement needs, and coach them to be self-organizing and high performing.
· Encourage and assist teams in measuring their agile maturity and in maintaining a healthy backlog of continuous improvement items.
· Help teams within the organization understand their current state, how to experiment and continuously evolve how work gets done.
· Coach teams in defining all their work in terms of a clear outcome and how success will be measured. A practice of build, measure, learn.
· Work closely with leadership to understand progress, dependencies, impediments to help achieve great client and team outcomes. Key contact point for a wide variety of stakeholders across different levels
· Be proactive in broader activities and networking such as the guilds, agile study groups, mentoring, promotion of continuous improvement and Agile maturity uplift across Macquarie.
· Leverage agile communities to establish proven and recommended practices and techniques for the organization.
· Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information in a way that manages stakeholder expectations and demonstrates how the teams are improving and growing
· Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
· Coach Scrum/Kanban Masters to be awesome at coaching, mentoring, teaching, and facilitating their teams.
· Coach Product Owners to be awesome at strategizing; refining, maintaining and prioritizing the backlog; and in supporting the team with subject matter expertise.
· Coach leadership team members to be shining role models in agile ways of working and help them be awesome in their roles as servant leaders to the ecosystem.
Skills / Experience
· 2+ years' experience in an Agile Coach role in an Agile organization (amend as required)
· Deep understanding and experience of agile and lean thinking, and experience with concrete frameworks and techniques such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean Start-up, and Continuous Delivery.
· Great presentation skills. Awesome facilitation, communication and mentoring skills
· Great at asking powerful questions. Empathetic listening skills
· Diverse teaching, training and coaching toolbox to help the organization develop and mature in understanding agile values, principles, and practices.
· Advanced experience in facilitating Agile ways of working around industry leading tools such as Jira and Mural.
· Passionate about Agile practices and continuous improvement, always on the lookout for how the organization can do something better, quicker with a greater result.
· Flexibility to deal with conflicting and changing priorities. Comfortable facilitating discussion on alternative approaches.
· Ability to assess detailed technical issues as well as to step back and look at the bigger picture.
· Strong interpersonal, influencing and multi-level stakeholder management skills
· Comfortable with managing executives and stakeholders on high profile deliveries
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Macquarie is a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management and finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity and commodities. The diversity of our operations, combined with a strong capital position and robust risk management framework, has contributed to over 51-years of unbroken profitability. Our people are empowered to address unmet needs within our communities, advising and investing alongside clients and partners. We bring specialist, global expertise in areas such as infrastructure, energy, technology and commodities.