ateway you will be responsible for overseeing the development, maintenance of comprehensive, clear, and developer-friendly API documentation.
In this role you will craft the long-term vision and strategy for API documentation ensuring it aligns with Mastercard gold standards, oversee the creation, updating and organization of the documentation ensuring it is accurate, easy to understand, and tailored to the needs of developers.
You will work closely with technical writers, developers, and product teams to gather information and feedback on API features and documentation needs.
You will be a user experience champion, ensuring that the API documentation provides an excellent experience for developers with easy navigation, searchability, and helpful examples.
You will define and manage an effective and efficient publishing process and tack and analyze the usage of documentation to identify areas for improvement and measure the impact on developer engagement and product adoption.
You will liaise with internal stakeholders and external users to gather feedback and keep them informed on documentation updates and new features.
You will keep abreast of industry trends and competitor strategies to ensure the Mastercard Payment Gateway remains a leader in the payments industry and be a champion for innovation, having ideally experience and knowledge of Generative AI.
This role requires a strong knowledge of payment gateways, excellent communication skills and experience in content management and product development.
• Design, maintain, manage, and champion the implementation of a comprehensive content strategy, architecture and process for our API documentation and developer guides.
• Own the processes and standards used by engineers, analysts, and product managers, technical writers and other stakeholders that develop effective, customer-focused API integration documentation.
• Collaborate closely with Customer facing teams including Developer Relations and Customer Success teams to understand and ensure the API documentation offers a delightful experience for our valued customers.
• Partner with the internal and external technical writer teams to drive and deliver high-quality content within tight schedules, aligning with frequent product releases.
• Define and implement documentation standards, guidelines, and templates to ensure consistency, clarity, and usability across API technical documentation. Keep emphasis on documentation that is technically accurate and brings clarity for even complex processes.
• Lead the planning and creation of various technical documents, including user guides, API references, developer documentation, knowledge base articles, release notes, and tutorials.
• Conduct thorough research and analysis of user personas, use cases, and workflows to create targeted and user-focused documentation.
• Review documents written by developers, analysts and product managers for a particular API and suggest changes / seek clarity to the documents.
• Use your extensive knowledge of the needs of developers and pass this feedback internally to develop the next set of APIs and developer documentation.
• Help us continually improve our authoring and production tools and processes, identifying opportunities for automation and efficiency.
• Stay updated with industry best practices, trends, and emerging technologies in technical writing and content development.
• Develop a solid understanding of the product, organization, and additional information sources.
• An exceptional communicator as a Technical Writer (in English) within the software industry or for a software as a service company.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, technical writing, core sciences or equivalent experience.
• Experience using Git to manage asynchronous collaboration across large teams.
• Strong command of the English language with exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Knowledge of generative AI and LLMs preferred.
• Great communication skills and ability to work well with others.
• Ability to organize and specify required multimedia content to explain use cases and process flows.
• Ability to handle stressful, time critical projects and deliver great user outcomes.
• Experience working in a globally disperse team.
• Knowledge and proven experience documenting e-commerce REST APIs and technical guides is highly desirable.
• Experience in migrating content to a new content management system is highly desirable.
• Experience with authoring documentation in Markdown is desirable.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must: