eryone, everywhere, by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
Technology at Mastercard
What we create today will define tomorrow. Revolutionary technologies that reshape the digital economy to be more connected and inclusive than ever before. Safer, faster, more sustainable.
And we need the best people to do it. Technologists who are energized by the challenges of a truly global network. With the talent and vision to create the critical systems and products that power global commerce and connect people everywhere to the vital goods and services they need every day.
Working at Mastercard means being part of a unique culture. Inclusive and diverse, a rich collaboration of ideas and perspectives. A place that celebrates your strengths, values your experiences, and offers you the flexibility to shape a career across disciplines and continents. And the opportunity to work alongside experts and leaders at every level of the business, improving what exists, and inventing what's next.
What Makes Mastercard Dublin Unique
• Home to Mastercard's European Tech Hub: a vibrant and multicultural campus housing 1000 passionate technologists and innovators.
• Our Dublin teams are dedicated to shaping the future of commerce by building revolutionary technologies that reshape the digital ecosystem across Payment Security, APIs, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and more.
• The Foundry, Mastercard's global research and development division, is headquartered in Dublin and serves as the heart of this Tech Hub.
• Time spent onsite will be in our new state-of-the-art 5-acre campus, featuring the Mastercard Experience Center, an interactive immersive space designed to test virtual reality products, and meeting rooms evolved for the 'future of work' virtual and in-person coworking.
Is Mastercard for you?
• Our culture: inclusive and diverse with rich collaboration of ideas and perspectives, with a focus on career advancement and development opportunities
• Our working style: flexible work arrangements in a hybrid model, work from away program
• Our offering: Competitive compensation & generous employee benefits - holiday, personal, parental, and sick leave
About the role
Software Engineers at Mastercard design and code artificial intelligence, cloud, and machine learning platforms that provide mission-critical insights to many of the world's leading organizations and governments. As a Software Engineer, you will deliver these products and solutions with speed and agility as part of a small team. This will involve developing high-performing, highly scalable software solutions and products for some of the world's top brands. Specific tasks vary depending on the project and the business unit that you join in.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate 'Mastercard Way' cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive - with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Senior Software Engineer at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general responsibilities:
• Help lead team prioritization discussions in close collaboration with Product and Business stakeholders
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation)
• Automate build, operate, and run aspects of software
• Drive code/design/process trade-off discussions within their team when required
• Be a voice of the team, performing demos/acceptance discussions with Product owners and confidently communicating elsewhere when needed
• Drive adoption of technology standards and practices and review code, test, and automation work of team members
• Mentor and guide new and less-experienced team members
All about you
It is not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all these areas.
• Understands and experienced with full tech stack; capable of writing performant code and adept at debugging and troubleshooting complex issues across layers of software solutions
• Enable common library development for enterprise-wide reuse
• Possess skills in test-driven and behavior-driven development (TDD and BDD) to build just enough code and collaborate on the desired functionality
• Understand use cases for advanced design patterns to implement efficient code; understands and implements Application Programming Interface (API) standards and cataloging to drive API/service adoption and commercialization
• Has skills to collaborate with team and business stakeholders to estimate requirements (e.g., story pointing) in Agile delivery, and prioritize based on business value
• Has skills to understand, report, and optimize delivery metrics to continuously improve upon them (e.g., velocity, throughput, lead time, defect leakage, burndown); has skills to conduct product demos and co-ordinate with product owners to drive product acceptance signoffs
• Has skills to analyze data retention and regulatory needs to provide scalable data architecture solutions applying standard patterns and techniques (e.g., data transfer objects, object-relational mappings, data sharding, geo-partitioning)
• Has skills to orchestrate release workflows and pipelines and apply standardized pipelines via APIs to achieve CI and CD using standard orchestration tools (e.g., Jenkins, Bamboo, AWS/Azure pipelines, XL Release, others); manage builds and artifacts leveraging standard tools
• Has skills to implement standard logging and event correlation for business transactions and security events for faster troubleshooting and compliance; familiar with the adoption of standard logging frameworks and tools (e.g., log4j, SLF4J, Splunk) to aggregate and analyze time-series of logs
• Understand functional and non-functional testing types and elaborate and estimate test efforts; understand how to build robust tests to minimize defect leakage by performing regression, performance, deployment verification, and release testing
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must: