d beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives? Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development?
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility and thoughtful risk taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company the place where the best people choose to be. Come join us!
Hiring for a senior TPM, within the Open Banking program of Mastercard. The candidate will work across Mastercard and to building connectivity to enable market expansion across Europe using agile (scrum) and SAFe methodologies
The TPM will be responsible for driving initiatives level projects across multiple teams within Open Banking and manage complex dependencies within Mastercard shared services. The candidate will be responsible for driving projects from planning phase through production deployment and customer onboarding, ensuring necessary run operations are in place with a strong emphasis on program governance and reporting.
With responsibilities for compliance (PCI certification and re-certification) and managing vendors engagement with data categorization.
We are looking for experienced technical program management professionals to join our team and help us build towards the future. Our Technical Program Managers (TPM) conceptualize, rationalize, and drive multiple simultaneous projects to deliver engineering work across the portfolio in our scrum execution model. In this role, you get to dive as deep as you want into the tech stack, the integration patterns, the organizational capabilities, and the company wide assets that can be leveraged to provide technical solutions to customer problems. You will contribute to the strategies, design choices, and even the cloud infrastructure necessary to build comprehensive believable and achievable execution plans to deliver high-profile new features and capabilities for our customers. You may drive the execution of a feature through the full stack or may drive a project which spans multiple teams and integrations, reporting meaningful status along the way.
• Define and organize the work, outline tenets, analyse data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution
• Trusted to operate with complete independence and focus on ambiguous areas. Creates the correct sense of urgency for delivery. Identifies and fills gaps between regions, architectures, and organizations. Work sets the example for others to follow. Manages escalations (is escalated to)
• Manages across the portfolio assessing business/technical trade-offs while working across organizations for ways to align teams, technologies (i.e. the infrastructure used to build/deploy/operate services), and organizations into approaches that optimize organizational structures and operating mechanisms. Adept at building consensus and leading resolution of contentious issues.
• Communicates complex issue and decision in clear and concise summaries to all types of audiences. Communications are instructional (i.e. provide insights and lessons learned). Drive mindful discussion with business and technical stakeholders that lead to timely decisions
• Drives simplification in complex architectures/integrations to enable speed of delivery within a program area. Knows when additional technical guidance is required (i.e. from principal engineers and SMEs). May be considered an expert in a particular technology, product, or domain.
• Business outcome may be defined, program/product/technical strategy is not. Embraces ambiguity and confusion as an opportunity to step up and drive clarity of execution across the board.
• Decomposes complex processes into simple straight forward solutions. Force multiplier - educates the larger TPM and engineering community on best practices within (organization, location, program). Contributions are noteworthy and recognized across Mastercard (i.e. bottleneck reduction, engineer efficiency, product quality)
• May work directly with external to the organization or external to Mastercard technology providers that support our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying opportunities to be faster, better and cheaper.
• Influence dependent organization's roadmaps by contributing to their planning documents and goal setting exercises
• Active participant in the community sharing your Mastercard program management knowledge within your organization and more broadly presenting at both internal and external events
• Plays active role in mentoring and recruiting others
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCES
• Drive and influence transformational change in the evolution of our end to end product delivery using agile development methodology
• Drive clarity and work with complete independence where business and/or strategy is not defined
• Comprehensive understanding of the business domain, the systems, and the products in your space, and understand their accountabilities, boundaries, limitations, scale factors
• Understand the reasons behind architectural decisions
• Use technical judgment to challenge and validate assumptions and enlist Sr. engineering support to vet architecture as required
• Understand technical program management and engineering best practices and apply best practices to delivery using a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across using very different approaches
• Recognize prior failure patterns and help teams avoid repeating these mistakes
• Expert with scrum delivery
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must: