ytics with the ability to govern these decisions and manage their outcomes with business agility.
• This program leverages business rules & AI engines, a streaming big data cluster, an in memory data grids, APIs, & UIs to deliver real time decisions at global scale
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our DMP team in Vancouver office.
• Are you a strong technical programmer with experience working on high performance applications?
• Are you a excited about getting a 360 degree view of the coding world • writing code to develop a piece of code as well as write code to test it?
• Are you passionate about making a difference in this world?
• Do you want to be part of a team which helps prevent fraud on every Mastercard transaction in this world?
• Design & Implement application or business logic in Java.
• Write code to do unit testing, integration testing and functional testing.
• Work with data scientists/data engineering teams, make use of big data and AI to deliver decision based products.
• Reach out to senior team members in the team for any help if blocked.
• Participate in all the scrum ceremonies.
• Apply best development practices to write well designed, maintainable, testable, scalable, and secure code.
• Strong programming skills with deep knowledge of Java.
• Strong experience in building functional, scalable, high performing technical solutions for business requirements.
• Strong technical collaboration skills driving technical discussions across multiple teams.
• Excellent knowledge of Spring and other frameworks.
• Good knowledge of unit testing and mocking frameworks like junit, mockito or easymock.
• Good knowledge of SQL and experience working with Oracle.
• Experience working with high performance applications.
• Good problem diagnostic and creative problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks within the constraints and timelines determined by business needs.
• Experience with IBM ILOG/ODM and Pivotal Gemfire Grid.
• Experience with AI/ML (mlp, xgb, kmeans etc.)
• Experience with Dockers, Kubernetes etc.
• Experience with data science and/or data engineering tools/techniques.
• Experience with testing frameworks like Rest Assure, Selenium with web driver etc.
• Experience with Angular.
• BS in computer science or a related field preferred.
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn't stink, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a team including monthly craft beer tastings.
Don't forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex• time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Mastercard is an inclusive equal opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In the US or Canada, if you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process or during the recruitment process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Vancouver, Canada: $83,000 - $133,000 CAD