Attendance Capture Analyst - Payroll
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Accounting
- Location New York, NY
MSK’s team-focused Payroll Department is working on the roll out of a multi-year institution-wide project to implement a new API Time & Attendance and Staffing & Scheduling System. We are seeking an Attendance Capture Analyst to be heavily involved in this project as well as the future maintenance of the API Time & Attendance system and the ongoing maintenance of the current time capture systems.
- Maintain integrity and smooth functioning of MSK attendance capture systems. Analyze time capture and PeopleSoft systems for functionality issues, including solutions that require changes to business processes and training. Review new releases, fixes, and updates to determine applicability.
- Analyze requests for user access to time capture systems to ensure the most appropriate level of security is maintained.
- Review and analyze user requests for new functionality/enhancements. Serve as a liaison between Payroll staff, Information Systems staff and end-users of the systems.
- Analyze time capture and PeopleSoft systems for functionality issues, including solutions that require changes to business processes and training.
- Implementation team participant for the API replacement of all current Time Capture and Scheduling systems. Application of current system functional and technical knowledge to a new time capture and scheduling system.
- Administer training and security for all MSKCC managers, supervisors and timekeepers for payroll time and attendance systems.
- Utilize software and query expertise by working on special projects as requested by senior management.
- Develop and write system training manuals for end users, procedures for the payroll department and functional specifications for system changes/modifications for Information Systems. Maintain and update all documentation when there are system, policy and regulatory changes.
- Support the payroll production staff with the tasks needed to process and confirm payroll for 14000+ employees biweekly.
- Utilize query writing skills to identify and troubleshoot functional and technical problems. Respond to data requests by HR and individual departments
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business or Accounting preferred)
- 4+ years experience in payroll
- Experience with API Healthcare Time and Attendance or Kronos Time and Attendance preferred
- 3+ years experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft Payroll for North America and Time and Labor
- American Payroll Association Certification preferred: FPC (Fundamental Payroll Cert) or CPP (Certified Payroll Prof.) preferred
- Strong knowledge of Attendance Capture functions, especially building pay rules, establishing security and labor distribution; and compliance with federal and state laws and regulations regarding Attendance Capture and records retention.
- Strong knowledge of related Human Resource functions, especially Compensation, Employment, and Leave Benefit Programs.
- Experience working with relational databases of moderate to complex design.
- College Courses in Computer Information Systems preferred
- Analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills