Big Data / DBA III (SQL Server / Hadoop / Splunk)
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category IT
- Location Nebraska Monmouth, NJ
The Information Services team is looking for Deployment Engineers to join a collaborative server deployment team for Memorial Sloan Kettering’s enterprise datacenter. The position provides the opportunity to deploy enterprise-class Microsoft, UNIX and VMware platforms using the latest HP, Cisco and DELL server hardware, allowing us to provide highly-available solutions that meet our organizational requirements. Responsibilities include day-to-day physical and virtual server deployments and retirements, server racking and stacking, technical support, project-driven implementations in order to maintain a stable and resilient environment.
- Plan, deploy, configure, document and resolve issues relating to server deployments and server automation in highly available configurations using enterprise-class HP, Cisco, Dell PowerEdge, VMware, Microsoft and Unix platforms.
- Demonstrate enterprise-level expertise in Microsoft Server 2008 and 2012 as well as RHEL or SUSE Linux for physical and virtual platforms.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain server-based applications running on the servers including MS Clusters, Anti-Virus, Host Intrusion Prevention, Microsoft IIS, Apache, PHP, etc.
- Increase reliability and enhance efficiencies by implementing 3rd party tools and scripts for server deployment automation.
- Create and maintain gold standard operating system images.
- Coordinate and work with outside vendors to resolve problems and issues with hardware and software as it relates to server deployment and automation.
- Ensure compliance to security standards, policies and guidelines across the server infrastructure are met.
- Accurately report progress of assigned tasks, meet commitments and project due dates, effective planning and foresight to mitigate potential delays
- Identify areas where existing policies, procedures, or configurations require change or where new ones need to be developed.
- Assist team architects in the evaluation of new products, solutions, and services.
- Assist the server applications and server management teams in establishing, maintaining, continuously improving, and sharing server deployment standards, solutions, and support procedures to aid overall stability, reliability, agility, security, and recoverability of these systems and services.
- Bachelor degree in Computer science or related area experience in a networked technology environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (title and salary commensurate with experience):
- Level I – 4 years related IT experience
- Level III – 6 years related IT experience
- Level IV – 7-10 years related IT experience
- Skilled in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Red Hat/SUSE Linux, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Clustering solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge with Windows and Linux Servers, Server Operations and Server applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge with Server automation product such as BMC Blade Logic, HP Rapid deployment, SCCM or Puppet.
- Demonstrated knowledge with both physical and virtualized servers, especially VMWare.
- Demonstrated knowledge with TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP protocols.
- Skilled in Server hardware troubleshooting and configuration.
- Broad understanding of networking and SAN/NAS technologies and concepts.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Excellent verbal/written interpersonal, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Proficient in core client applications necessary to communicate and document (MS Office, Visio).
Nice to Have:
- HP, VMware, Microsoft MCSE certifications
- Experience with Cisco UCS servers
- Good scripting and programming skills (PowerShell / PowerCLI)
- Lead projects and enterprise class deployments of HP, Cisco or DELL Hardware and other similar technologies
- Knowledge of team-adjacent applications such as AD, DNS, SQL, SharePoint, XenApp, Avamar, NetBackup, etc.