Designer - Communications Department
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Administrative
- Location New York, NY
As one of the world’s premier cancer centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs.
Service is at the heart of everything we do at MSKCC. All of our employees deliver first-class service to our patients. The Environmental Services Department plays a significant role in providing a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for patients, staff, and visitors which supports the Center’s mission of delivering high-quality patient care.
The Environmental Services Supervisor, under the direction of the shift Manager, ensures the department consistently provides efficient and effective high quality environmental services. The supervisor’s primary responsibility is to practice dynamic supervision of the operations by engaging, leading and supporting staff. The ideal candidate for this position is a professional committed to excellence, partnership and performance improvement who has the technical expertise and leadership ability to help the department achieve its vision of being a leader in its industry.
- Staff Supervision: Directs and supervises activities of staff in assigned area. Orients, trains, and evaluates the performance of staff.
- Operations: Supervises area operations and prioritizes workflow to meet the needs of the department and ensure efficient and financially sound operations. Ensures staff follows all hospital and departmental guidelines. Keeps staff meetings.
- Supply Management: Ensures sufficient supplies and equipment are available to meet the needs of the department.
- Quality Assurance/Regulatory Compliance: Monitors and enforces compliance to departmental standards and regulatory requirements. Makes rounds daily. Takes and documents inspections daily
- Performance Improvement: Participates in operational performance improvement initiatives and engages in professional development activities
- Administrative Functions : Prepares payroll, places orders, maintains all records, prepares corrective action documents. Enters deliveries into Vuetura. Interacts with vendors.
- High School diploma or relevant equivalent experience
- Four (4) years working as a Lead
- Six (6) years of Environmental Service experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Environmental Services Equipment Operation
- Basic knowledge of computer operations.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations
- Must be able to stand, walk and/or continuously move around; ability to push, pull, lift and/or carry heavy objects (20lbs or more) without the aid of physical devices. Visual ability to monitor instructions and computers, distinguish characters (letters, numbers) observe physical characteristics.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts and at different sites as per department need
- Able to work weekends when necessary
Knowledge of computers applications : Outlook , Word, Excel, Power point