Director of Media Strategy & Planning
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Human Resources
- Location New York, NY
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s HR Business Partner team is seeking an HR Business Partner to join our team.
We are: The HR Business Partner team is comprised of a diverse group of individuals who partner with leadership teams to optimize talent, structure, processes and culture in support of delivering the business plan. We anticipate, identify and respond to opportunities. We are responsible for the delivery of all HR services whether delivered personally or in collaboration with colleagues in HR. We leverage our knowledge in employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational design and development, talent management, talent acquisition, HR process and systems and change in support of achieving the business plan. We are internal consultants with a broad knowledge of the institution and its practices.
We have over 14,000 employees at MSK and each area is represented by its own Business Partner, familiar with that area’s priorities and intricacies.
A problem solver, who can manage complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information.
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Able to use compelling arguments to persuade and gain the support and commitment of others.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- A professional who has demonstrated a pattern of upward growth and a track record of results.
- Partner with the HRBP team and business leaders to develop and drive a people agenda
- Assist in the implementation of new and existing HR programs and initiatives.
- Work with business unit management to analyze complex issues, design effective solutions, and facilitate change.
- Create and maintain effective relationships and develop a strong knowledge of the organization’s structure, roles, goals and challenges to serve as a trusted and valued advisor.
- Provide counsel on a broad spectrum of issues and opportunities, including resolution of complex employee relations issues. Clarify, interpret and ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures within assigned client areas. Ensure consistency in approach across areas of the business.
- Proactively reach out to client department management on a regular basis to ensure up-to-date knowledge of client operations, organizational structure and culture, staffing changes, and potential human resources issues and opportunities.
- Identify or clarify business unit needs as they relate to Human Resources and collaborate with HR Management, Specialists, and Shared Services staff in the development and implementation of programs, policies and initiatives to best meet those needs.
- Bachelors degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years related HR experience; preferably in a HR Business Partner/Generalist Role
- A track record of results, problem-solving and accountability
Expertise in employee relations issues, HR policy implementations and investigations
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build relationships, establish trust, manage conflict and influence others
- Ability to see the big picture and be attentive to detail with strong analytic skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills