- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Healthcare
- Location New York, NY
The Department of Pathology is responsible for performing all pathological testing of tissue, GYN and Non-GYN specimens, blood and submitted pathology slides. Histology Technicians at MSK are a dedicated, diverse group known for their expertise, ingenuity and compassion. They provide comprehensive processing and dissection of tissue specimens.
- Approachable to diverse groups of individuals, making others feel comfortable in varying situations.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to achieve goals and commitments.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Focused on continuous improvement, knowing the most effective and efficient processes to optimize work flow.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex situations.
- Process fresh and fixed tissue specimens for surgical, anatomical, and investigative histology preparations under supervision.
- Perform assigned quality control procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities as scheduled, documenting on appropriate logs.
- Maintain neat and accurate documentation of data
- Bachelor’s Degree required (unless grandparented per NYS requirements)
- Experience in histopathology techniques
- Must meet requirements for NY State Clinical Labs Licensure
- New York State Department of Education Laboratory Technologist license required
- ASCP-HT certification preferred
- Two years of experience strongly preferred