Inpatient Medical Coder - $5,000 Sign On Bonus
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Administrative
- Location New York, NY
A blend of business, science, and computer expertise, Health Information Management at MSK links healthcare clinicians with information technology and is the link between patient’s health information and health insurers, state and federal government, and other regulating agencies. Our mission is leadership in the management and timely provision of reliable clinical information to authorized requesters through advanced systems, continuous education and re-evaluation in support of the prevention, treatment and cure of cancer.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
- Capable at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
- Analyze medical records, extracting clinical, pathological, therapeutic and epidemiologic data in accordance with established ICD-9-CM coding principles and guidelines
- Ensure data is optimally coded for research purposes, financial reimbursement, planning, statistics and regulatory reporting
- Communicate directly with physicians to ensure that clinical documentation is coded timely, accurately and in compliance with CMS guidelines and national coding initiatives
- At least 2 years Evaluation and Management/Inpatient coding experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- RHIT/RHIA, Certified Coding Program, CCS, CCS-P, AAPC certifications
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10CM coding, anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Strong analytical skills in identifying and assigning ICD-10CM coding per established guidelines required.