Senior Writer (Medical/Health) Public Affairs
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Marketing
- Location New York, NY
Memorial Sloan Kettering seeks a Senior Writer for its external-facing website, MSKCC.org, as well as other digital and print properties.
A leader in cancer research and treatment for more than 130 years, MSK sets an equally high standard for the rigor and effectiveness of its communications efforts.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in medical/health journalism or related experience looking to make a difference in the lives of people affected by cancer. The Senior Writer will play an important role on MSK’s growing editorial team, helping to write and edit content for a diverse group of audiences, with primary focus on the digital informational needs of patients and caregivers.
- Write patient stories, blog posts, and other consumer-friendly content .
- Edit work by multiple contributors.
- Participate in highly collaborative projects.
- Help guide the creation of info graphics, videos, images, or other media.
Knowledgeable about trends in cancer care and the concerns of those affected by cancer; able to apply this knowledge to the organization’s goals.
- A cultivator of innovation who creates and fosters new ways for the organization to be successful
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared goals.
- Able to drive projects forward in spite of complex, sometimes contradictory information.
A bachelor’s degree AND at least 4 years of relevant editorial or writing experience.
Experience writing about health or medicine and the ability to present complex subject matter in clear, consumer-friendly terms.
Knowledge of keywords and other digital best practices; experience with Drupal, Google Analytics a plus.
Ability to manage competing priorities and collaborate effectively.
Experience with Drupal, Google Analytics, a plus.