Cashier - GWIM Sr Operations Representative
General Description: Processes routine/standard transactions according to established procedures and prescribed processes in support of GWIM Operations. Daily responsibilities will cover one or more operations functional areas such as: analyses, report generation, opening new accounts, trade processing, payment processing, data entry, etc. Provides quality service and effective and efficient operations support for the assigned area's internal business partners and/or external customers and clients. May provide advice and assist with training for less experienced team members. Individuals at this level are expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to Operations Team Manager and/or Supervisor. Generally 1 year or more experience is preferred.
- Sits at the Reception Desk and greets clients
- Answer phones, be personable, pleasant, and gracious
- Primary Operations and cashiering
- Supply ordering
- Schedule wholesaler on-site training, order lunches and breakfasts
- Manage Office/Facility issues (Heat, A/C, Computer Room, Furniture, Carpets)
- Market Directory /Phone List revisions as needed
- Process incoming/ outgoing mail daily
- Other duties as assigned
Experience in financial services and knowledge of financial services industry, products and solutions.
Experience in deposit transactions.
Experience working in an environment with individual and team goals where goals were routinely met or exceeded.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1+ years professional or relevant internship experience required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills, able to maintain a high quality of customer service and attention to detail
- Work independently, prioritize time and exceptional organizational skills
- Manage multiple and conflicting objectives, projects or activities at once with minimal direction
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
- Will follow established processes and guidelines in daily activities to do what is right for clients and the firm, adhering to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Has a minimum six months of client service experience in financial services, retail sales or another results-driven environment.
- Has the ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
Please be advised that under current company policy, Merrill Lynch does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: