Fairfield County, CT
The Analyst (Registered) is a fully paid or firm paid (exception only), salaried, exempt position on the Financial Advisor Team to further develop and service their client base. The Analyst is responsible for implementing and executing the Optimal Practice Model (OPM) in their specific functional role (i.e. Business Development, Business Management, Relationship Management or Investments). Specific accountabilities for the role may vary depending on the teams practice. Performance is measured by the FA or FA team, along with OMT, through specific goals, metrics, and behavior related to the execution of the OPM function. The Analyst (Non Registered) is a non-exempt position for a non -licensed hire lacking a license and/or designation, until fully licensed and designation achieved. The Analyst (Registered) is a non-exempt position for licensed employees that are in progress of completing their designation in 12-months.
Analyst Registered (Non-exempt)
- This role is a temporary position to allow externally hired individuals and internally transferred employees to obtain their designation within 12-months. Employees selecting designations with lengthier completion times will be granted the term identified by the designation organization to complete. Failure to complete the designation level per the recommended time frame will result in the employee removed from the role.
- Pursue firm approved designation
- Develop and maintain client profiles including analysis of present position and creation of balance sheet and net worth statement. Ensure risk profiles, goals, objectives and asset allocations are appropriate.
- Utilize Investor Personality Analysis tool
- Deliver full range of Goals -Based Wealth Management strategies and tools and leverage specialists as appropriate.
- Partner with internal specialists (e.g., W M bankers, Retirement specialists, PBIG, Trust and Insurance experts) and external advisors to deliver holistic goals-based financial solutions
- Identify and establish target niche client segments and establish a strong reputation within those markets, as well as the designations to support the practices specialization
- Prepare and present client reports/r reviews and measure progress to goals
- Maintain and execute a well-developed and clear marketing plan
- Develop and service client segments and the next generations and beneficiaries.
- Develop, profile, and qualify new prospective clients through practice client acquisition strategies
- Organize client events, referral alliances, and targeted seminars with a focus on strategic networking, sourcing and introductions
- Implement Goals-Based Wealth Management process utilizing current tools and technologies for clients and prospects.
- Gather additional assets from existing client base and deepen relationships by partnering with all GWIM partners to deliver full breadth of solutions.
- Coordinate technological support through the development of portfolio analysis, proposals and direct mail campaigns utilizing Salesforce and other tools and resources.
- Provide technical expertise in certain product areas (e.g. Corporate 401(k), Rule 144, Insurance, Wealth Management Workstation )
- Provide marketing and organizational support. May support additional activities included in Good/Better/Best of OPM
- If Series 7 and 66 licenses or Series 7, 63 and 65 licenses are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe if being hired into a Registered job code.
- All state licenses in support of FA or FA Teams client base
- All product licenses in support of FA or FA Teams client base
- Obtain and/or maintain at least one firm approved designation
- Safe Act Registered
**This position is posted as a more senior position but is flexible to be filled as a lower level position if the posted qualifications are met by a strong lower level applicant.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: