Stanly County, NC
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
For industrial investment projects within its scope, provides the equipment needed to achieve the project objectives at the best performance / cost ratio, using the standards.
Lead the pre-studies to define the most effective solutions. Manage the design or integration by respecting the best practices of its business (internal, external standards, quality system, capitalization, archiving) in collaboration with all the relevant professions. Pilot the realization, installation and commissioning.
KEY EXPECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
- Feasibility studies are carried out with challenged and validated functional specifications, the possible solutions are evaluated from the point of view of costs, deadlines, risks, functional choice criteria.
- Integration studies are conducted in cooperation with other businesses.
- Change requests are managed according to the demand evolution / release process.
- The quality system and the methods of his/her group are implemented (risk analyzes, FMEA, design reviews, quality planning, equipment documentation, treatment of non-conforms).
- Validations are obtained after the phases of realization, installation, start-up and development of the equipment made in collaboration with related metiers of the industry. documentation "as built" folders up to date.
- Prototype projects managed by the process development teams are supported.
- Final documentation "as built" folders up to date.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial electrical design experience, preferably in a plant environment.
- Experience with AutoCAD. (Experience with SEE Electrical, SolidEdge and other drawing platforms a plus)
- Experience with PLC software programming (Rockwell preferred).
- Experience with structured programming methodologies.
- Experience with HMI configuration and variable speed drive configuration. AC/DC drive experience.
Familiar with computer networking and software management.
Must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision. The applicant must be able to develop positive relationships with customers.
- Must be well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Demonstrated the necessary teamwork, communication, and planning skills to achieve strategic goals. Previous project management and/or team leadership experience is preferred.
- Must be self motivated and have the capacity to work autonomously
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to influence and resolve issues. Both written and verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate with French counterparts on technical issues is preferred.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality in dealings with outside contractors and equipment suppliers. Prior experience managing outside contractors is preferred.
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C.,Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelins status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of Americas Best Large Employers, No. 1 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- " 2018 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation" by Women in Trucking Association
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the Best Employers for Workers Over 50
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship