Quality Process Engineer (Entry Level Professional)
Lexington County, SC
Quality Process Engineer (Entry Level Professional)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
The Quality Process Engineers mission is to lead and manage the optimization of the manufacturing process for both legacy and next generation products for the mining tire industry. They will act as the process engineering expert for a given area within the manufacturing site. Initial training will include formal classes and on-the-job mentoring under an experienced engineer.
- Driving progress towards process optimization by studying and analyzing performance data then developing and deploying engineering solutions
- Assuring product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Using Solidworks software to design dies for extruding rubber into components of mining tires
- Providing guidance and support to operational management and shop team through quality expertise leading and facilitating the optimization of new product industrializations
- Assuming responsibility for quality improvements as they relate to an area within a facility or a specific project or projects within a facility.
- Optimization of the process to reduce cost and improve flexibility through the implementation of Best Practices.
- Managing the application of root cause analysis in problem solving.
- Provides technical guidance to the manufacturing facility as it industrializes new technology or new processes
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Participate in Product Quality Planning (impact analysis, preliminary capability, FMEA, Quality Plan, training needs)
- Applies hands on technical troubleshooting skills to existing processes with quality problems.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Material Science Engineering with a strong manufacturing background
- 2-3 Co-op/Intern rotations in industrial quality role
- Must have Mechanical Design experience.
- Comfortable Presenting Technical Information
- Strong Leadership and Teamwork Skills
- Willingness to work in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of quality systems and quality control is a plus
- Manages Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C.,Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelins status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of Americas Best Large Employers, No. 1 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- " 2018 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation" by Women in Trucking Association
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the Best Employers for Workers Over 50
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship