Reliability Engineer (Experienced Level Professional)
Tuscaloosa County, AL
Reliability Engineer (Experienced Level Professional)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
Michelin is currently searching for a Reliability Engineer at our Tuscaloosa, AL facility. The Reliability Engineer role includes aspects of design, analysis, and manufacturing. Engineers are expected to spend a fair amount of time in hands-on activities. Interaction with all levels of employees will be encountered.
- Provide technical expertise in the maintenance, modification and installation of equipment and machinery
- Have hands-on involvement with equipment and processes by being available to the operators and maintenance personnel and gaining detailed knowledge of the process
- Provide technical expertise in the maintenance, modification and installation of equipment and machinery in the tire manufacturing process, including technical assistance for problem solving analysis
- Maintenance methods and practices evolving
- Promote and manage the common tools for predictive maintenance (Infrared, Ultrasonics, Vibration, Oil Analysis, Motor Circuit Evaluation) and diagnostic support
- Provide liaison between facility engineering, central quality, methods and purchasing teams, and equipment suppliers to assure good mutual system requirement understanding
- Maintenance costs reduction, PdR consumption reduction, Outsourcing justification, etc.
- Creation and integrity of dashboards and maintenance KPI
- Data mining to support decision making for TEC Team
- Supports calls from operational maintainers for methods and tools
- Facilitate periodical reviews of Maintenance Plans - Timely reports on performance and Action Plans to counter undesired trends
- Methods and practices evolving - Projects recommendation (Risks analysis, FMEA, Prioritization, MTP (Total Process Control),)
- Auto-diagnosis - Benchmark data (include process performance) - Mainstreaming Business continuity analysis and criticality of equipment
- Skills mapping updated - Training documents/supports - one point lesson on methods and tools
- Bachelors degree in ME, EE, ChemE or equivalent experience
- Minimum of3 years experience as an Engineer or Maintenance professional in a manufacturing environment prefer but not required
- Applicant must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision. The applicant must be able to develop positive relationships with customers
- Applicant must be well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated the necessary teamwork, communication, and planning skills to achieve strategic goals
- Previous project management and/or team leadership experience is preferred
- Applicant must have strong communication skills with the ability to influence and resolve issues. Both written and verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate with French counterparts on technical issues is preferred
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C.,Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelins status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of Americas Best Large Employers, No. 1 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- " 2018 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation" by Women in Trucking Association
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the Best Employers for Workers Over 50
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship