Security Insight (CERT) Analyst (Experienced Professional)
Greenville County, SC
Security Insight (CERT) Analyst (Experienced Professional)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- Perform security incident response to protect corporate IT assets and data, including intellectual property, and company reputation. This includes ability to manage and triage several security incidents, perform analysis, and perform initial investigations.
- Have understanding of SIEM tools as it relates to searching and extracting relevant information for incident investigations.
- Ability to Review and analyze data from a variety of Cyber defense tools, including network traffic logs, Intrusion Detection or Prevention System alerts, firewall or system logs, and open source information to identify threat activity and recommend appropriate countermeasures and mitigations
- Exposure or experience in security actions such as patching, malware identification / eradication are strong positives.
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive security measures is a plus
- Have previously worked within a Windows or Linux server environment for 2 - 3 years in either administration, development such as DEVOPS, or in a technical troubleshooting role
- Understand Networking concepts, protocols, and architecture. Having a thorough understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and IP Stack is required.
- Broad experience across multiple platforms
- Provide on-call incident support, per schedule established. Weekend coverage (rotation) as part of the international CERT team is required but only for 6 8 times per year with compensatory time reimbursement. You might be required to share on-call duties and perform work on weekends and overnight, to respond to high priority security incidents.
- Strong knowledge and or demonstrated usage of O365, especially Excel for data analytics.
- Understanding of security terminology, either through experience or certifications
- Knowledge or usage of tools such as Splunk, Python, Powershell, DB query language / tools or others is a strong asset.
- Coordinate computer network incident response from detection through remediation
- A proven track record of analyzing and troubleshooting technical security issues. The ability to quickly identify and capture those key elements that are required to troubleshoot or analyze of issues or security events.
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving capability.
- Support incoming Security Operations Center incidents, emails and dashboards, manage workload, and make effective use of ticketing systems and communications technologies to interface with internal and external customers.
- The CERT role is one where the analyst will be tasked with making key decisions on how to navigate through cyber or security events and take a course of action based on the assessment of the current scenario or situation.
- An ability to handle multiple concurrent issues which could involve multiple timezones and countries.
- An ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Excellent organization skills and a detailed orientation in work habits, as well as the ability to resolve or progress security incidents in a time sensitive manner.
- An ability to work as part of diverse international team.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral) along with an ability to communicate effectively with Michelin employees in countries where Michelin has a presence.
- Strong documentation skills that can accurately and clearly define technical situations or issues.
- Individual should be self-motivated, self-confident, responsible/reliable, and goal oriented.
- 2 years of relevant experience either in information security or other computer technical field
- Bachelors or Associates degree ( Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology, or Computer Engineering )
- Certifications: GCIH, GCIA, GSEC, CCNA/CCNP, Security+ or other CompTIA certifications help to demonstrate knowledge in this field
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C.,Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelins status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of Americas Best Large Employers, No. 1 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- " 2018 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation" by Women in Trucking Association
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the Best Employers for Workers Over 50
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship