Territory Business Manager - Commercial Sales (St. Louis, MO)
Greenville County, SC
Territory Business Manager - Commercial Sales (St. Louis, MO)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
We have an immediate opportunity in St. Louis, MO for a sales professional looking to move into the top echelon of field sales. Candidates with business to business sales experience are a logical fit, but we will talk with those who demonstrate talent, drive and a proven track record of strong business partnerships.
We are looking for an exceptional person who can build and maintain relationships with business and fleet owners and help them succeed in their highly competitive markets. Someone with business acumen and exceptional communication skills, who really listens to what the customer needs to provide the right products and services that give them the best way forward.
Heres why we think you should build your career at Michelin.
Brand Reputation - The potential success and quality of work life of a sales professional is highly impacted by the reputation of the company and quality of the products and services they represent. Michelin is among the top brands that has reached iconic status, with overwhelmingly positive brand awareness.
Products and Services to be Proud Of You will be representing the leading products and services in the segment, known for their reliability and technological innovation.
Your Best Way Forward Finding the best way forward is the companys core interest. That includes our advanced career management approach that helps you move forward in your career with a personalized career path.
Diversity of Talent - We strive to lead our industry in creating a diverse workforce. A priority has been given to raising the proportion of women in the company and more specifically in the company's management. In 2016, women made up 24% of our management staff. By 2020, we aim to push this figure to 30%. Our sales teams are no exception.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Become the face of Michelin with dealers and end users, such as fleet owners, in your territory
- Take ownership for achieving business results. With the support of your team, implement the commercial programs and policies designed to achieve your sales and service goals
- Serve as the business consultant to primarily Truck, but also Earthmover and Agricultural fleet customers. Use your training, problem solving skills and access to technical resources to make recommendations to dealers and fleet customer that lower their operating costs, for example matching products to their needs, analyzing alignment/wear problems, performing cost-per-mile analyses, and investigating mechanical issues
- Implement a variety of sales strategies, tools, and programs to create a level of support and service that meets or exceeds the needs of the fleet customer
- Form effective, consultative partnerships with each account, resulting in increased sales of Michelin products
WHAT YOULL BRING
Successful Candidates will have
- Willingness to live within St. Louis, MO area
- BA or BS degree, preferably in business administration or a related field, or equivalent business experience
- Knowledge of market analysis, customer relations, budget management, needs analysis, and brand positioning
- Strong communication skills; professional and engaging presentations, one-on-one conversations, written correspondence
- High degree of initiative and ability to work independently
- Willingness to participate in a comprehensive, results-focused training program for a total of 8 weeks with 4 of those weeks being in our Greenville, S.C. office
- Ability to physically lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Travel within assigned St. Louis, MO territory (possibly overnight); as necessary
Additional Competencies We Look For:
- Four (4) or more years of business to business sales experience is ideal
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Business math skills to write quotes, demonstrate ROI, make product comparisons
- Experience using a CRM system
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C.,Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelins status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of Americas Best Large Employers, No. 1 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- " 2018 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation" by Women in Trucking Association
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the Best Employers for Workers Over 50
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship