At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience with Cisco/Arista/Aruba (HPE).
- Layer 2 & 3 in an enterprise network (EIGRP and BGP protocols) in a multi-vendor deployment.
- SDWAN technologies (Palo Alto/CloudGenix) with multi-vendor approach (Cisco & Palo Alto)
- Expert level in debugging complex networking issues, proficient in packet capture TCP analysis
- Experience with designing, building & operating large scale network systems/services
- Aruba enterprise controller-based architecture and their Central management product
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience with Fabric/SDN VXLAN setup.
- Cisco ACI or VMWARE NSX-T solutions
- Arista CloudVision Portal solutions
- Leaf/Spine CLOS network, VXLAN/EVPN architecture
- Experience in Wi-Fi Network principles such as, but not limited to:
- Tunneling protocols – SSL/TLS, IPSEC, GRE
- Network Resiliency – HA, local and regional failover, backups
- Network Security – https://802.1x, EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, WPA2-AES, and Policy Based Access
- Experience and understanding of monitoring tools such as Splunk, SevOne, and other fault management tools
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with software engineering/development
- SME level experience with Python and Unix/Linux shell (can write shell scripts)
- Knowledgeable on JIRA and Confluence
- Hands-on experience with orchestration tools (Ansible and Itential)
- Understand configuration management with tools such as HPNA and Forward Networks
- Hands-on experience with using source control: Bitbucket (preferred) or Git
- Knowledge of Agile framework & SCRUM ceremonies
- Excellent customer facing communication skills, customer support and knowledge of ITIL best practices
- https://B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or equivalent
- Any direct/relevant experience with network technologies such as Firewall, Proxy, Content Inspection, DNS, DHCP, Load Balancing, and Authentication is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication. – Must be able to communicate at all organizational levels
- Strong analytical skills. – Must be able to think outside the box.
- An eye for details, helps to prevent foreseeable issues
What you can expect
Network Services Operations organization is seeking a Network Reliability Engineer with experience in enterprise level Access/Data Center (DC)/Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) networking technologies, network automation (preferably Python) and monitoring tools. The role will be responsible for automation of manual and repetitive work processes, incident support and triaging, and change execution as part of a larger Network Reliability Engineering (NRE) team that is responsible for the management of the Access/DC/DMZ infrastructure.
What you will do
- Work with several teams from Design Engineering to On-the-ground Operations to deliver best in class service levels for the Bank of America Access/DC/DMZ Networks
- Participate in the development of the Access/DC/DMZ Operational shop with the goal of efficiently supporting infrastructure at scale
- Have a proficient programming skillset (preferably Python) used to reduce manual and repetitive work
- Have a strong understanding of Network Automation Orchestration with tools such as Ansible and Itential
- Be able to understand device configurations from multiple vendors and analyze business problems and determine technical solutions as a result of end-to-end traffic analysis/troubleshooting