The Reporting Analyst is expected to support the Collections and Cash Application. This role will need to acquire expertise of complex business concepts, data, and business rules. The Analyst is expected to maintain recurrent reports, support finance team with ad hoc requests, and contributing to process improvements.
The role is primarily focused on supporting the business strategy creating, maintaining, and presenting main metrics and KPI’s. The candidate should be able to understand complex data, handle different systems and learn while doing, also should have previous experience in excel, advance excel, reporting and/or Power BI tools. The role will interact with various levels of business stakeholders and IT partners in supporting both systems.
• Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility
• Prepare accurately and timely daily, weekly, and monthly reports and analyze the data and results to help to identify key focus areas for management.
• Support in automating reports as and when required.
• Support the team working on different ad hoc request and preparing data as requested
• Recommend and implement best practices for improvements/enhancements to current processes and reporting, drive standardization of activities including the identification of productivity and efficiency
• Build, develop and maintain data models, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
• Assist with the maintenance of Power BI service (Gateways, Dataflows)
• Partner with the local, regional and global contacts and communicate effectively with the business to foster good working relationships with the rest of the organization
• Able to organize, and analyze data, and then summarize into a conclusion and business recommendation.
• Graduate or above with degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics or other quantitative field or relevant experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working on Reporting, data modelling, business analysis and creating dashboards.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel, VBA and PowerPoint)
• Proficiency in Power BI including modelling skills and a good understanding of DAX and SAP or comparable ERP system is required.
• Expertise in the creation of Excel, Power Pivot, Power Query, DAX, and Power BI based Reports & Dashboards.
• Proficient with SQL, or other querying language
• Desire to learn new skills with high-level problem-solving skills and covering new challenges
• Excellent attention to detail and able to improve and complete recurring processes avoiding error
• Able to work both independently and as a member of a team by interacting and collaborating with members of other teams across the organization
• Demonstrates flexibility with last minute changes in commitments, deadlines, and meetings attendance
• Applies knowledge and advanced problem-solving techniques to define and resolve problems
• Able to handle large volumes of data while ensuring data accuracy, including the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions and assist on decision making
• Intermediate / advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Science is a plus
• Intermediate / advanced knowledge of other Power Platform knowledge for example- PowerApps, Power Automate is a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Short term disability
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 14,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets.