• Prepare a variety of discrete credit process inputs, perform preliminary analyses to identify trends
in data, and apply reasoning to the completed work product.
• Perform financial statement analysis using accounting and finance principles to read and
understand financial statements and other disclosures related to debt issuers’ performance.
• Apply Moody’s relevant methodology standards and requirements to financial data and make
• Create a variety of standard initial work package items that serve as starting point to the ratings
and research process including data, spreadsheets, charts, and tables:
• Update financial spreadsheets, charts and tables:•Identify trends in data and apply reasoning to
work being completed
• Initiate/escalate deeper reviews when necessary
• Prepare presentation materials for outreach activities.
• Provide support for RRS and R&R in monitoring / surveillance of Moody’s rated issuers.
• Support monitoring of analyst credit portfolios through news and industry source tracking and
highlight key issues requiring further analysis.
• Understand the application of accounting concepts on a particular entity.
• Create documentation and provide guidance to support analysts and outsourcers.
• Review, adjust and publish data to external market participants.
• Support the credit administration process and perform other routine administrative and ad hoc
tasks, as directed by RRS & R&R Teams.
• The position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career
in the financial services industry
• Minimum graduate/ degree. Preferably a post graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics • Relevant work experience in credit, financial research & analysis. • Good Accounting background. • Demonstrates knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. • Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills. • Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Short term disability
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 14,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets.