thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Manager- Financial Data & Analytics oversees a range of data, analytical and research work that serve as inputs to Moody's ratings. The Manager will be responsible to identify and implement process improvement and has people management responsibilities. Prospective candidates will have an in-depth understanding of fundamental finance and financial statements as well as a good understanding of capital markets. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail as well as their ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
Being part of the Data & Analytics function provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting into the group manager
Lead and manage people and projects supporting data, ratings, research, analytical outreach and apply technical knowledge to guide junior team members and lead process improvements.
• Act as a people manager with responsibility for all aspects of data intake, data normalization and data processing
• Take full responsibility for the quality of deliverables for the staff they manage as well as end to end delivery of several business as usual (BAU) tasks such as complex data and research tasks or analytic support tasks such as credit estimates
• Undertake review/quality assessments of work for complex tasks and address improvement areas through feedback or training
• Coordinate allocation of work across the team and mange workload pipeline to provide sufficient time for completion.
• Provide feedback to management on quality and accuracy of work produced by team members while providing constructive and proactive feedback
• Responsible for identifying and implementing process re-engineering and process improvements. Utilize expertise to identify inefficiencies, suggest improvements, build consensus and implement the change
• Actively participate in and oversight of transition of activities to the service hubs
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders and support outsourcing activities where relevant
• Lead projects or participate in working groups. For example, analyze impact of methodology updates onto team's processes and leading the implementation; partnering with other departments to move work into ROC, building well-defined processes and output targets
• Attract, hire, develop, motivate and retain talented junior analytical staff.
• Perform holistic analysis to support ratings and research teams with limited guidance for certain advanced/bespoke tasks
• Extensive working knowledge of applicable methodologies
• Proficient in most technical and operational aspects of assigned deliverables
• Comfortably and professionally interact with various senior stakeholders on a wide range of topics
• Ability to effectively engage with team members of most levels and across departments
• Manage deliverables related to multiple projects independently
• Bachelors/Masters in Engineering, Finance, Economics or Business/Accounting
• Relevant experience of 6+ years in credit/financial data analysis and interpretation; experience in fundamental finance will be an added advantage
• Strong organizational skills, dependable and able to multi-task and manage priorities
• Experience/desire to manage and mentor a diverse team
• Knowledge or prior experience analyzing financial statements
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Fluency in English with the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate in both written/verbal form
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Please note: STP categories are assigned by the hiring teams and are subject to change over the course of an employee's tenure with Moody's.