thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Job Description - Sr Risk Consulting Associate - Analytical Services
The Analytical & Data Services team provides an integrated suite of data and analytical services and solutions based on RMS' catastrophe models, that global insurance and reinsurance clients rely on for making decisions on underwriting, portfolio management, capital management and risk transfer. The team works with exposure data of a majority of Fortune 500 corporate accounts, analyzing the quality of data, assessing clients' exposure to catastrophic events, and providing insights on loss drivers and distributions, using RMS models. Analysts on the team specialize in data interpretation, data analytics, data quality, financial policy structures, and a deep understanding of sophisticated catastrophe models of perils including earthquake, hurricane, and terrorism.
As a Sr Risk Consulting Associate, you will be responsible for the quantification of catastrophe risk using a variety of databases and RMS models for a client portfolio. The person will be required to understand client requirements for exposure and loss analytics, configure an analytical solution, and report/ present results from the analysis to underwriting and catastrophe modeling teams at insurance/ reinsurance companies.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Provide high quality analysis of exposures and losses to enable business decisions at the client-end.
• Understand the in-depth working of RMS models including database schema to conduct the appropriate analysis.
• On hands experience in end-to-end account modelling and Portfolio/ Cedant analysis including exposure preparation and enrichment.
• Assess the quality of input data and be able to highlight potential improvements.
• Generate relevant insights from modeled results for an analytically sophisticated stakeholder group.
• Support the client in understanding the analysis output and proving value-added observations and comparison summary.
• Independently lead projects in terms of project delivery, value-addition, process optimization and client communication
• Document all aspects of a project, particularly focusing on the rationale for decisions and exceptions.
• Drive process improvements which increase utility or efficiency of analysis.
• Mentor and train new risk analysts including performing need-based quality assurance of their work
• Interface with RMS client development and other technical teams on client engagements.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong database and data mining skills - working knowledge of Excel, Access, and SQL; VBA or VB.Net is an added advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Team player
• Mentoring and coaching skills.
• Desirable - Knowledge of Python and R languages
• Graduate from good colleges/university with excellent academic record
• MBA Finance/Insurance/Operations Research or Masters in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Operations Research/Economics.
• Preferred 2-6 years' experience in risk/ business/ data analytics for P&C insurance, reinsurance, or insurance linked securities.
• Experience in mathematical or statistical application for R&D, model development or solution design.
• Hands-on experience with catastrophe risk models will be an added advantage.
• Prior project / team management experience would be desirable.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Please note: STP categories are assigned by the hiring teams and are subject to change over the course of an employee's tenure with Moody's.