evolving needs. We also offer systematic alpha and alternative strategies to complement clients' core holdings.
This role is part of Parametric's hybrid working model, which includes working in the office 2-3 days a week and choosing to work remotely or in the office the remaining days of the week.
The Equity Investments and Client Activities team at Parametric:
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for individuals that have a strong curiosity and passion for learning new things, while continuously challenging oneself to build things better and more scalable. The Software Engineer on the Equity Investments and Client Activities team will be responsible for design, development, and integration of technology solutions to support all aspects of our equity investments platform. In this role, the Software Engineer will leverage new and existing technologies to build and maintain services that scale the platform, including on-prem systems and cloud native AWS micro services.
• Design and develop proprietary solutions for the Equity Direct Indexing portfolio management teams
• Design, develop, and maintain services and API to support various business needs
• Leverage scalable and distributed computing principles to build the next generation of services
• Ensures that software solutions remain integrated, efficient, and appropriate for a highly regulated industry.
• Create unit/integration/functional/performance tests
• Conduct code reviews of other developers
• Share experience, knowledge, and ideas to the team to improve processes and productivity
Required Experience: 4+ years
Skill set: Software design / Dev/ .net / SQL
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area of study preferred
• 4+ Years of hands-on .net software design and development experience.
• Strong aptitude for highly efficient data structures and algorithms
• Strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL
• Working knowledge of NoSQL database engines such as Redis, Cassandra, or MongoDB
• Proven track record of becoming a subject matter expert in areas related to current assignments.
• A creative, self-confident self-motivator with a can do spirit.
• Passionate, forward thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and integrity.
• Ability to collaborate and partner across a diverse team tapping the strength and unique skills of everyteam member.
• Assertiveness balanced with a sensitivity toward and concern for people.
• The ability to create strong work ethics and committed teams, foster open dialogue, and promote individual and team success.
• Effective communication skills with business users and other developers
Good to Have Skills:
• React experience a plus
• Cloud native development experience a plus: AWS is preferred, but not required
Parametric believes each member of our organization makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties and qualifications. It is our expectation that every member of our team will offer his/her/their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our client services.
"Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents."