• Providing reporting-line transparency through periodic updates on project or task status.
• Perform the root cause analysis of issues and be able to design solution as required with partner teams to solve them.
• Provide support to issue resolution as needed - which may happen in late hours
• Participate on Friday/Weekend releases
• Provide support in a rotation cover until 8PM CET 2-3 days a week
• Minimum of 5-7 Years of working experience
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably Computer Science/Engineering
• Experienced with the technical analysis and design, development and implementation of Data Lake and cloud data solutions.
• Hands on experience in Hadoop or Snowflake technologies or DataBricks - with the ability to performance optimise
• Strong RDBMS and data warehousing concepts
• Strong SQL skills - data integration, ETL, ELT focus.
• UNIX Shell scripting or Python experience to support data warehousing
Good to have:
• Deep snowflake and/or DataBricks knowledge is a big plus
• Experience in Data Analytics tools preferably with DataIKU, Tableau, Altreryx or such.
• Experience in optimizing very large data loads.
• Experience with detailed Error/Exception handling and Data Validation issues.
• Experience in taking part in architecting ETL solutions and data conversion strategies
• Experience in Agile methodology
• Experience in Developing, managing, and maintaining data dictionary and or metadata.
• Ability to gather user requirements, interface with business partners as required.
• Process oriented, focused on standardization, streamlining, and implementation of best practices.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in multi-site/multi-geography organizations.
• Ability to multi-task and function efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter with flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic work environment who is a good team player.
• Participate in team accountability: deliverables, discipline, consistency
As an integral part of Analytics AI & Data Tech (AIDT), the Sandbox team is tasked with providing a high performance, highly reliability analytics and data integration platform, leveraging the latest technologies in public cloud (Snowflake, DataBricks) and advanced analytics to a wide variety of users and use cases.
Analytics, Intelligence and Data Technology (AIDT) is a horizontal, dynamic, and fast-paced area within the Firm's WM Technology Division.
In the last five years, the acquisitions of Solium and E*Trade, coupled with the digitization of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, has resulted in exponential growth of our data and our business. Our investments in data & analytics and core business capabilities have allowed us to better understand our clients and continuously evolve our products to meet their needs. But our award-winning solutions are just the beginning. The opportunities ahead are unprecedented for our industry.
AIDT is a team of data scientists, solutions architects, business analysts, developers, security engineers and QA specialists, applying cutting-edge technology to enable data-driven initiatives across Wealth Management. We are transforming the way our business, financial advisors and clients use data to make smarter decisions-creating new capabilities that differentiate us on the Street.
At Morgan Stanley, we advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions, and individuals, and always do so with a standard of excellence. We are a leading global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments-Institutional Securities, Wealth Management (WM), and Investment Management. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Our WM business is one of the largest in the world with more than $2 trillion in client assets, $73 billion in lending balances, and nearly 16,000 Financial Advisors in 600+ offices across the U.S. Our Financial Advisors focus on delivering timely, customized solutions and services that help clients meet their financial and life goals. Our offering includes brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, access to credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, and retirement services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.