cross WM and ISG by offering lending solutions, cash management, and deposit products to deepen client relationships.
We are seeking a high-quality Program Manager to be a key partner in supporting the U.S. Banks risk remediation activities
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team, learn the business, and have access to a range of career growth internal mobility options. For example, PMO team members have successfully moved on to the banking and lending product teams that they supported.
This role is Hybrid and will require in office attendance 3 days/week, where you will be in the office with your teammates to learn, grow, and collaborate in person.
The U.S Banks Program Management Office (PMO) manages cross-divisional, cross-product, and firm-wide initiatives on behalf of the U.S. Banks, partnering with senior management. The role is multi-faceted, offering the opportunity to lead, take ownership for, and contribute to, the success of programs through the entire life cycle.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Bank's risk groups as well as other stakeholders that support the U.S. Banks. The role will support the lead PMO responsible for business / operational risk and requires the candidate to have an understanding of and take a leadership role in program management, process analysis/design, risk remediation, and best practices. The candidate must also be able to analyze and articulate feedback on the impact of business and functional/support group decisions.
• Work with business partners, functional/support group partners and stakeholders to create initial program/resource plans and governance for identified initiatives
• Work with business partners, functional/support group partners and stakeholders on creation of key milestones, and timelines to support the buildout of workplans
• Track project progress, including issues and risks, schedules, and performance against established program milestones; reporting the status to management stakeholders on a regular basis
• Track and report status on multiple cross-divisional programs, functions and workstreams
• Raise issues, risks and concerns timely and appropriately to stakeholders
• Document and track change control activities and tasks for multiple programs
• Manage budget process by coordinating with business partners and functional/support group partners
• Host governance forums including Sr. Executive governance forums, drive discussions and decisions, and assist in action item tracking, project plans, milestones, and meeting documentation
• Develop an effective network of relationships across the Banks
• Influence and collaborate effectively with resources not in the same reporting line to achieve common goals
• Operate as a leader in cross functional forums and drive consensus on program, business, and functional issues
• 10+ years, business analysis, project management, and program experience
• Risk background or experience in regulatory remediation
• A creative and flexible approach to problem solving
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work
• Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
• Keen attention to detail
• Process driven and the ability to standardize work for scalability
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills
• Capable of setting direction and motivating team members outside the direct reporting line
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and define approaches to bring un-focused issues to resolution
• Proactively identify and manage risks
• Adaptability to fast changing demands and environments
• Strong time management skills
• Bachelor's Degree
• Fluency with all MS Office tools, including Power Point, Teams, Excel, SharePoint, and industry project/program management systems
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member with minimal supervision leading multiple programs at a time and manage workload with shifting priorities
• Experience in the Wealth Management industry (ideally risk management, business risk, or operational risk)
• Consulting experience for financial services industry clients
• Strong interpersonal skills are needed to gain cooperation from various stakeholders
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $120,000 and $180,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
*Expanded legislation requires that roles that sit in other state locations, but report to a manager in NY, must have the above language included in postings with the pay scale reflective appropriately to the location where the role will be sitting.
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet)