Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Navy Federal Credit Union is seeking a Sr. Cyber Security Engineer to implement the latest Botnet and Fraud detection technology and strategies to ensure the cybersecurity posture of the Navy Federal Credit Union enterprise is resilient, effective across the organization and scalable. Additionally, this position will provide cybersecurity engineering support to research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain expert functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
• Leader in the implementation, development and integration of web attack, Botnet, and fraud detection solutions.
• Develop fundamental understanding of Navy Federal products and its unique valve propositions.
• Be part of team that design, protects and manages, security services for companies’ global security infrastructure.
• Able to demonstrate strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to all audiences, ranging from non-technical people to executive level technical decision-makers.
• Able to listen and collaborate with audiences ranging from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders to understand their requirements and position our tools to fulfill those requirements.
• Must be self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively.
• Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements.
• Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions and provide recommendations.
• Stay abreast of emerging technologies and threats proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization.
• Supporting the development of cybersecurity requirements, design & architecture artifacts, plans and policies.
• Supporting defining security development and test efforts implementation of security controls of networking devices, databases, operating systems and hardware and software components.
• Understanding and integrating cybersecurity development activities.
• Performing analysis on cybersecurity data and test results.
• Collaborating with programs and engineering teams regarding cybersecurity solution and alternatives to those solutions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• At least 5+ years of total experience in implementation, development and integration of web attack, Botnet, and fraud detection solutions.
• At least 3+ years of direct hands-on experience in tuning of network sensors like IDS/IPS, DDOS, Cloud Security services.
• Domain expertise of network security sensors such as IDS, cloud security access broker (CSAB), Virtual Network security, DDOS protections, DNS, etc.
• Detail understanding of Virtual Network Technologies Routers, switches, Load Balancers, firewalls, proxy, etc.
• Good understanding and exposure to Cloud standards, architecture and models.
• Detail proficiency with Linux (or similar) operating systems.
• In depth understanding of TCP/UDP/ICMP/IP protocols.
• Experience with Splunk
• Experience with PKI, SSL, SSH, HTTPS, etc.
• Experience with NIST SP 800-41, 800-43A, 800-53A
• Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework.
• Experience with DISA STIG Hardening Standards.
• Experience with industry leading firewalls, proxy and load balancing solutions.
• Experience with network security concepts and principles.
• Experience with Server and Endpoint operating system security.
• CISSP, CCNP Security Certification a plus.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership.
Salary: Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: $95,600 to $163,500 Annual Salary #LI-Remote
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...