Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To provide actionable business intelligence in consultation with management and business units for use in daily and strategic decision making for the Debit Card business. Apply industry best practices and standards to create optimum solutions that improve business performance. Conduct analytical studies to provide results/recommendations to senior management for department and enterprise-wide strategic initiatives.
Ensures effective management of projects from inception through implementation. Considered a key stakeholder/key contributor on highly complex initiatives and project teams.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, including but not limited to forecasting and segmentation, relating to budgeting, profit and loss, business models, operational functions, workflow, processes, and other business related issues
• Obtain quantitative and qualitative data of business processes to analyze, determine and promote data driven decisions
• Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness
• Design and document dashboards, reports, and thresholds to alert business units to monitor business status and fluctuations
• Support data and database design
• Use data warehousing/business intelligence toolsets to gather, store, and provide access to data in assist management decision making
• Build new and/or modify existing database/data warehouse/data mart and business intelligence solutions to meet business and system requirements
• Identify and assess business strategies and opportunities; develop appropriate analytical approaches
• Identify areas of improvement; determine solutions; implement enhancements/changes to improve operations, standards and results
• Document complex workflows
• Collaborate with functional areas to develop and maintain performance metrics, measurements, methods and targets
• Collect and analyze data; synthesize results of analyses, develop and make recommendations and alternatives based on the full spectrum of internal/external considerations
• Collaborate with business units and senior management to conduct needs assessment to support organization strategies, tactics, and learning solutions that support business unit objectives
• Collaborate with management to establish objectives, standards, and strategies for delivering updates and changes to reporting and analytical procedures
• Provide guidance and advice to management on the most effective and efficient use of resources to obtain measurable process improvements
• Compile, research and analyze trends in support of projects and initiatives
• Ensure the implementation of new and enhanced processes
• Manage projects from concept through the planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and transition phases
• Develop clear and concise “big picture” of projects within Navy Federal organizational goals
• Direct and lead Project Teams by developing and coordinating work plans, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and training
• Analyze and evaluate competitor data and industry trends to understand current business unit competitive posture
• Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Master’s Degree or PhD in a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Expert database/data science software skills, e.g., SAS, JMP, PowerBI, Tableau, Teradata SQL Assistant, WinSQL, SPSS Modeler
• Advanced skill in programming languages; expert in SQL
• Expert spreadsheet software skills
• Extensive experience in the application of statistical methods, mathematical techniques, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting, impact analysis and related analytical tools
• Expert skill interpreting, extrapolating and interpolating data for statistical research and modeling
• Expert skill interpreting and synthesizing large amounts of information
• Extensive experience in problem resolution including determining root cause, scope and scale of issues
• Expert skill analyzing statistics and reports to determine business performance and trends
• Extensive experience that demonstrates the ability to research, compile, and document data, business processes, and workflow
• Extensive experience in market/consumer research, project management, and analysis in support of strategic planning initiatives
• Expert skill identifying and analyzing business requirements and recommending solutions
• Extensive experience in managing cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects of the highest complexity which have business risk and impact
• Advanced knowledge of project lifecycles, project management methodologies, and business requirements analysis
• Extensive experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Expert skill resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements
• Expert skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Extensive experience in demonstrating thought-leadership, initiative-taking, decision-making and creativity solving business problems
• Expert skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Expert research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Expert presentation skills
• Payments industry knowledge
• Significant knowledge of project lifecycles and management methodologies
• Working knowledge of object oriented principles
Hours: Monday - Friday, standard business hours
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180; (Partial remote options available)
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is:
Level I: [$72,300] to [$123,500]
Level II: [$83,100] to [$142,000]
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...