Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To support Navy Federal's business objectives by managing the pre-award; negotiation; and post-award contracting processes for the acquisition of services; materials and equipment. Works independently with limited guidance.
• In conjunction with the Business Unit, reviews requests for the procurement of equipment, services,material and/or construction
• Analyzes the requirement for product(s) and/or service(s), verifies funding, reviews delivery timeline andkey performance indicators (KPI) of the product/service, and recommends revisions to the statement ofwork or specifications
• Establishes an acquisition strategy to include the type of contract and milestones, contractiblerequirements, availability of qualified contractors and/or justifications for sole/single source acquisition
• Prepares solicitation documents or reviews vendor-provided contractual documents. Incorporatesprovisions, such as cost accounting standards, requirements for technical proposals, testing procedures,cost escalation factors, regulatory agency compliance issues including National Credit UnionAdministration (NCUA) and Navy Federal Key Service Provider policies
• Coordinates review of contracts or purchase agreements with Procurement Management and inconjunction with Office of General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer, as required. Solicits proposals fromprospective contractors
• In conjunction with the Business Unit, analyzes proposals. Performs cost or price analysis, includingreview of cost breakdowns to determine reasonableness. Obtains pre-award surveys to establishcontractor responsibility, and obtains audits and pricing reports to develop negotiation strategy
• In conjunction with the Business Unit, develops negotiation objectives and leads negotiations related tocontract pricing, terms and conditions with potential contractors. As appropriate, confers with offices ofGeneral Counsel, CFO, and subject matter experts
• Reviews Business Unit’s Quality Assurance Plan to assure it aligns with contract terms and conditions;Recommends Plan adjustments as needed
• Awards contracts within delegated contracting authority, or recommends award to contracting authorityon contracts outside delegated authority
• Prior to contract execution, meets with Business Units and contractor and reviews key contract terms,conditions, and requirements including deliverables, timelines, and administrative details
• Assists Business Units in the execution of contracts, including correspondence, invoice verification and performance of termination actions, until final delivery and payments are completed and the contract is closed
• Interprets contract provisions for Business Units and provides appropriate advice and guidance. In conjunction with the Business Unit, leads negotiations on contract modifications
• In conjunction with the Business Unit, prepares Navy Federal’s position on contract disputes and recommends a decision on dispute settlements
• Closes out the contract or issues termination notices and reviews settlement proposals
• Works with procurement requests requiring contracts with complex product/service requirements, significant business risk and impact
• Uses advanced contracting/negotiating techniques and models
• Presents alternatives and recommendations to solve unique and complex problems
• Provides training and guidance for lower level specialists
• Develops project strategies
• Anticipates issues and identifies solutions
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Knowledge of procurement directives and contract laws, regulations and procedures applicable to the acquisition and contract administration of extensive or unique equipment, services, material and construction
• Knowledge of various types of contracts, methods of contracting, and selection factors to plan appropriate strategies to procure complex requirements, and to conduct negotiations in the pre-award and post-award phases of contracting
• Knowledge of customer’s program objectives sufficient to participate in planning, negotiation, and administration of specialized technical terminology, and uses of equipment, services, or construction procured
• Extensive knowledge of commercial and industrial business practices (e.g., subcontracting of raw materials or services and use of cost analysis techniques) sufficient to identify sources, analyze cost and pricing data and contract proposals, and to evaluate risk
• Extensive experience reviewing and negotiating major contracts in a business environment
• Demonstrated experience in negotiating contracts with vendor representatives, contract specialists, legal representatives, and executives
• Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Ability to work tactfully and effectively with all levels of management and staff
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• College degree in Business, Information Technology, Purchasing Management or related field
• Knowledge of Navy Federal's Information Technology infrastructure
• Knowledge of Navy Federal’s business operations, products, and services
• Completion of the American Graduate University class on Source Selection & Contract Award or Next Level Purchasing Microsoft Project for Purchasing Professionals
• Certification by the National Contract Management Association, Institute for Supply Management, or other nationally accredited source
• Strong experience with contract redlining, drafting, and reviewing contracts
• Strong experience negotiating contracts
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: Headquarters - 820 Follin Ln, Vienna, VA 22180
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Pay Range: Level I: $36.50 - $47.00 Hourly
Level II/III: $88,300 - $142,000 Annually
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...