Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Perform complex analytical and statistical modeling on large data sets to support various business operations and organizational objectives. Define data requirements, perform data collection, processing, cleaning, analysis, modeling and visualization. Identify data patterns and trends to answer business questions and improve decision making. Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and automation of data analysis processes and procedures.
Leads the most complex data analysis with minimal supervision and wide latitude for independent judgment. Considered a key stakeholder/key contributor on highly complex initiatives and project teams. Reserved for the most highly skilled practitioners with direct accountability for results. Individual contributor and mentor to more junior staff.
• Gather and accumulate data from disparate sources, clean, organize, process, and analyze data to extract valuable insights and information
• Develop, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, dashboards, data models and analytical results
• Create data definitions of onboarding data sources and changes made to the already existing data sources
• Evaluate and define functional requirements for analytics and business intelligence (BI) solutions
• Retrieve, analyze and validate data and test accuracy of reported results
• Work directly with project leads to understand requirements and propose key analytics solutions to drive effective decision-making and influence business objectives
• Produce actionable reports that demonstrate key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement for current operations, and show root cause analysis of problems.
• Analyze and summarize business operations, customer and/or economic data in order to improve business intelligence, optimize operating effectiveness and predict business outcomes.
• Identify trends and patterns in business data; create data visualizations to support business decision making
• Build new and/or modify existing database/data warehouse/data mart and business intelligence solutions to meet business and system requirements
• Collaborate with business units and senior management to conduct needs assessment to support business unit objectives
• Support complex Data Science and Big Data projects
• Effectively communicate data outcomes to business stakeholders and leadership
• Lead, guide, and mentor less experienced staff
• Work in close collaboration with IT team and business management team to accomplish company goals
• Perform routine analysis tasks to support day-to-day business functioning and decision making
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Extensive experience in the application of statistical methods, mathematical techniques, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, related analytical tools and programming languages
• Expert skill interpreting, extrapolating and interpolating data for statistical research and modeling
• Extensive experience in problem resolution including determining root cause, scope and scale of issues
• Expert skill analyzing statistics and reports to determine business performance and trends
• Extensive experience that demonstrates the ability to research, compile, and document data, business processes, and workflow
• Expert skill identifying and analyzing business requirements and recommending solutions
• Effective skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Advanced knowledge of standard ETL tools and techniques
• Advanced knowledge of the process in sourcing raw data and cleansing techniques
• Advanced knowledge of data warehousing, data cleaning, and other analytical techniques required for data usage
• Expert in understanding and communicating data presented in models, charts, and tables and transforming it into a format that is useful to the business and aids effective decision making
• Expert skill in the use of measurement and statistical practices to analyze current and historical data to make predictions, identify risks, and opportunities enabling better decisions on planned/future events
• Expert in understanding and analyzing models that predict the probability of an outcome
• Advanced knowledge of and the ability to perform basic statistical analysis such as measures of central tendency, normal distribution, variance, standard deviation, basic tests, correlation, and regression techniques
• Expert skill in collecting and manipulating data used in effective decision making
• Advanced knowledge of data models, design tools, business/technical requirements, statistical programming languages, data queries
• Demonstrates a key understanding of multiple database concepts and data flows
• Advanced knowledge of various data structures and the ability to extract data sources (such as PySpark, PowerBI)
• Advanced knowledge of mapping techniques and data pipelines
• Expert SQL skills
• Proficient with programming languages like Python, R, Scala, or Spark SQL
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced database and presentation software skills
• Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal Human Resources policies, procedures, and programs
• Working knowledge of Operational Transaction Processing (OLAP/OLTP) applications and systems
• Working knowledge of computational frameworks like Hadoop and Spark
• PMP Certification (or commensurate experience managing corporate-wide projects)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Salary: Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: $62,900 to $107,500 Annual Salary
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...