YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
To gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources, and procedures by providing support in focused areas, applying knowledge and education. Participate in a collaborative, team driven network, and interact with multiple departments. Receive guidance and direction from team and management. Utilize and further develop technical and soft skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques, and creative problem-solving abilities. Provide professional execution of day-to-day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies, and procedures.
This is a year-round, flexible, internship based on school schedule. All Intern candidates who have graduated from high school must be enrolled in college. To be eligible for this position you must currently be a student.
*Please indicate your degree program and your expected graduation timeline clearly on your resume.
** To be considered for this position, you must be currently enrolled in college courses *
• Performs research and ensures accurate inventory records are maintained
• Assists with compliance policy adherence and communication
• Performs strong visualizations through the creation of spreadsheets, reports, and graphs
• Monitors and maintains inventory
• Supports business strategy and initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
• Assists and collaborate with various levels of staff to accomplish tasks/assignments
• Provides input for process and procedure development
• Adapts and evolves processes to ensure consistent, reliable support on campus and remotely
• May receive guidance and direction from management and/or senior-level staff
• Works within established standards, policies, and procedures
• Provides exceptional customer service
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS -- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to multitask and handle changing priorities and deadlines
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment with a cooperative, positive attitude
• Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results and achieve objectives
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Effective planning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective attention to detail
• Effective in providing exceptional internal customer support
• Experience which demonstrates a high degree of maturity, objectivity, tact, integrity, and sound judgment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including intermediate knowledge of Excel formulas
• Experience with data entry and spreadsheeting
• Experience with inventory tracking and auditing
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership. All interns will be expected to report to campus once we resume campus operations.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm EST, 25-40 hours/week, Flexible for classes
Salary Range: $15.90 – $30.10
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. Within this range, pay will be determined based on factors such as individual qualifications, location, and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 11 million members, over $160 billion in assets and over 21,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...