Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The Talent Acquisition Programs team is focused on leading and defining new paths for talent to join our growing organization in collaboration with business partners across the enterprise. Some of these programs include:
• Military Affairs
• Early Careers
• Community Outreach Initiatives
• Exploring Talent Channel Activations
To gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources, and procedures by providing support in focused areas, applying knowledge and education. Participate in a collaborative, team driven network, and interact with multiple departments. Receive guidance and direction from team and management. Utilize and further develop technical and soft skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques, and creative problem-solving abilities. Provide professional execution of day-to-day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies, and procedures. This is a year-round, Full-Time or Part-Time, minimum 20 hours per week flexible internship based on school schedule.
*To qualify for an internship, applicants must be currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university. The goal of this internship is for the individual to demonstrate their aptitude to secure full-time employment after graduation.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams on strategic business projects
• Provide support in expanding business partnerships across the credit union for early careers and military affairs
• Plan, coordinate, and execute impactful recruiting events and presentations
• Process and update data in automated systems; may generate and analyze reports
• Provide support to assigned department; may work on small projects or portions of larger projects
• Support business strategy and initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
• Assist and collaborate with various levels of staff to accomplish tasks/assignments
• Perform research and analysis; may include quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
• Maintain professionalism in all interactions, placing member service as priority
• Provide comprehensive day-to-day operational support
• Provide support in functional areas of the credit union
• May provide direct member service in high volume situations
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple time sensitive requests
• Excellent organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal & external business partners
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to make sound decisions
• Ability to adapt to new technologies
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Effective word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software skills
• Effective organizational, planning, and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Anticipated graduation of May 2023 or later
• Communication with impact and be committed to self-development
141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Partial telework available
Hours: Monday – Friday, 20-40 hours/week, Flexible for classes (year-round)
Salary Range: $15.90 – $27.40/hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. Within this range, pay will be determined based on factors such as individual qualifications, location, and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...