Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
Develop strategies for data engineering and analytics. Responsible for architecting, designing, building, integrating data from diverse sources and managing Big Data. Develop data consumption patterns to share data with internal/external channels, while ensuring they are easily accessible with the goal of optimizing the performance of Navy Federal’s Big Data ecosystem. Transform data to generate reports and visualizations to drive business decisions through analytics. Recognized as an expert with a specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in discipline. Solves highly complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions. Leads functional teams or projects. Works independently.
• Design and implement Data Integration and Data Quality processes for data analytics stores ensuring scalability, flexibility, reliability, and reusability
• Work with business leadership to evaluate and define functional requirements for enterprise data stores
• Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement information technology that aligns with business needs and meets objectives
• Prepare and present functional design specifications and data processing workflows
• Apply engineering principles into the design and enhancement of new and existing data management systems
• Evaluate existing schema designs on multiple environments, improve data models, and implement optimizations
• Document best practices for data models, data loads, query performance and enforce with team members
• Establish data profiling mechanism and publication
• Define and build data sourcing and integration processes to be used across the organization
• Design and implement data workflows to process data from on-premises and cloud data sources, monitor data quality and implement related controls
• Implement integration plans and interface with testing teams to incorporate plans into the integration testing process
• Design and implement data quality control and monitoring framework that is reusable for data processing workflows
• Communicate and own the process of manipulating and merging large datasets
• Ensure the security and integrity of product solutions including compliance with Navy Federal, industry engineering and Information Security principles and practices
• Create and manage life cycle of technical specifications from which programs will be implemented to complete the solution
• Analyze and interpret collected data; spotting trends; generate reports, visualizations, and recommendations for stakeholders
• Lead the preparation of high-quality project deliverables that are valued by the business and present them in such a manner that they are easily understood by project stakeholders
• Present clear, organized, and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions
• Use holistic knowledge of all products in the information technology ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated
• Review solutions to ensure alignment with customer objectives, organization guidelines/benchmarks and industry best practices
• Define and establish structure, process and governance mechanisms for knowledge management and sharing
• Provide advice and counsel on assignments concerned with specialized or unique engineering requirements
• Provide technical direction and leadership routinely to other engineers; serve as a coach and mentor
• Identify potential problems in design, quality, or operation and initiate corrective action
• Identify opportunities to effectively mitigate risk and improve performance and functionality
• Provide forward thinking technical expertise in current and emerging technologies, trends, and practices
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Significant experience in one or more of the following relating to data: analysis, modeling, architecture, design, engineering, quality, monitoring, etc. at the enterprise level preferably at a large financial services organization
• Significant experience in developing a Data Integration or Data Quality center of competency
• Significant experience in Data Modeling (erwin or similar), Data Governance (Azure Purview or similar), Data Quality and Data Integration in Cloud (Azure or similar)
• Significant experience building semantic models in data warehouses for use by reporting and analytics tools
• Significant experience in data warehouse technologies (Azure Synapse Analytics or similar), data lake (Azure Data Lake or similar), ETL/ELT tools (Azure Databricks or similar), and data streaming (Azure Event Hubs or similar)
• Significant experience in working with Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
• Significant experience in programming languages (Python, Java, SQL, etc.) and REST APIs (MuleSoft or similar) to process data
• Significant experience in setting up, configuring, or managing Workload Management, Data Distribution, cluster resources, and monitoring.
• Significant experience in error handling, reject and reprocess auto-framework
• Experience in integrating structured and unstructured data sources to deliver analytics solutions
• Experience in orchestrating data workflows (Azure Data Factory or similar) and managing the workload (Azure Workload Management or similar) to enable availability SLAs
• Experience in monitoring performance of data workflows and infrastructure through use of monitoring tools (Azure Monitor or similar) and enabling alerts for prompt resolution
• Experience with processing various file types in Data Lake (Delta, Parquet or similar)
• Significant experience with private, public and hybrid cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Significant experience with Agile software development practices including Scrum, JIRA, Git and CI/CD
• Significant experience in cloud migration and engineering cloud centric environments
• Experience with NoSQL databases (Azure Cosmos DB or similar)
• Experience with near real time event processing (Azure Event Hubs or similar)
• Advanced knowledge of continuous integration and deployment and tools chain (e.g., GIT, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.)
• Ability to understand other projects or functional areas to consolidate analytical needs and processes
• Enable new technology development by conceptualizing solutions and estimating based on minimal requirements
• Advanced knowledge of discipline engineering principles, practices, and theories, and methods to identify and solve the highest complex problems and perform sophisticated analyses
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations
• Advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions
• Self-motivated and proactive, able to learn quickly and apply new concepts, tools, and applications
• Advanced problem solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
• Expert verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry trends, products, and services
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership.
Salary range: 116,800 to $163,500 Annual
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...