Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Lead the development of moderate or larger scoped predictive modeling, data-mining, and advanced statistical analytics initiatives for assigned business units. Provide actionable insight into membership or operations data to predict or optimize business outcomes. Formulate strategies around building business intelligence to improve decision making. Develop reporting and data visualizations including interpretation of trends and patterns. Provide input, clarification, and insight on data analysis to mid and executive-level management across the organization. Lead complex and essential projects working under minimal supervision and with latitude for independent judgment. Accountable for completion of assigned projects and deliverables. Highly skilled and proficient in discipline with demonstrated achievement of results.
• Lead development of credit risk models for underwriting and account management to optimize Lending decisions
• Lead development of simulation/capacity models for capacity planning and business process improvement to improve operational efficiency, and member service and satisfaction
• Lead the development, implementation, and use of credit scoring models for underwriting strategies
• Create detailed documentation outlining solution design and technical specification of each solution
• Manage relationships with credit bureaus to support credit risk management
• Maintain thorough knowledge of credit bureau data, tools and initiatives as well as newer advancements in Machine Learning and AI, and how they may be leveraged to improve Lending’s credit decisions
• Provide guidance, feedback, and support to employees as they develop, execute, and lead analytical projects• Collaborate with internal business partners across divisions to integrate complex analytical tools and solutions into lead generation campaigns, initiatives, and advanced decision support systems (i.e., INFOR)
• Develop and refine segmentation models to help focus corporate and divisional activities and goals supporting corporate growth, retention, client/member experience and long term profitability
• Develop and test multiple hypotheses using results from complex analyses to generate and answer new questions leading to more in-depth understanding of business issues being studied
• Evaluate, develop, and implement complex analytical techniques and best practices to gain a competitive advantage
• Forecast complex initiatives to project strategic plan goals and assess current performance
• Identify potential issues that arise during the course of complex research projects and escalate and communicate these to management and internal clients for awareness, action, and resolution
• Identify, recommend, and manage external suppliers/vendors assisting on complex analytical research projects, ensure projects meet departmental quality standards, research objectives, and deliver on time
• Lead ad hoc analysis of corporate-wide business problems of various scope, complexity, and with considerable impact
• Lead development of predictive modeling projects using data mining techniques for estimating current and future member engagement, operational performance or other business outcomes
• Lead presentations of status, completion and results of studies to non-technical audience of various levels
• Lead multiple research projects under tight deadlines; ensure research projects are completed on time and meet internal client expectations
• Monitor performance of scored models; recommend and implement changes to improve performance
• Perform full cycle model design and development which includes, but is not limited to identifying objectives, sampling, testing/validation, calibration, and monitoring performance
• Proactively work with internal clients and other business areas to create complex project plans with clear objectives, detailed tasks, accountabilities, timelines, and estimated budgets with corporate impact
• Produce actionable insights from research projects that are effectively communicated
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Significant experience in an informal mentoring and/or leadership role
• Significant experience in demonstrating thought-leadership in providing vision and strategic thinking around a full range of technical decisions and issues
• Significant experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Significant experience in marketing, product or operations development and management using a broad range of research tools, trends and technologies - e.g. data mining, Cognos, Business Objects, SAS, JMP, SPSS, SQL, CRM platforms such as Infor or TRM, Mintel Comperemedia, Claritas tools, Omniture etc.
• Significant experience in statistical software (e.g., SPSS Modeler and/or SAS) to manage large data sets
• Significant experience in using a majority of the following statistical methods to solve business problems: linear and logistic regression, neural networks, decision trees, experimental design, time-series and forecasting, K-means clustering association rules, RFM, and survival analysis
• Advanced skill exercising initiative thinking to solve problems and facilitate the decision-making process
• Advanced skill interpreting, extrapolating, and interpolating data for statistical research and modeling
• Advanced skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Advanced skill building relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Doctor of Philosophy in Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, Economics, Engineering or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Significant experience as a research analyst and/or predictive modeler demonstrating strong mass data mining and statistical expertise
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Salary: The salary range for this position is: $101,500 to $142,000 Annual
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...