Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
To prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external reports related to financial statements (e.g., board reports, NCUA call report, annual report, retirement plans) and ensure compliance of such financial statements with management standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and regulatory requirements. Research and evaluate existing and emerging accounting rules and standards and determine impact, if any, to the financial statements.
• Analyze new and existing accounting guidance and federal regulations to ensure that Navy Federal is in compliance with established standards
• Interpret emerging accounting policies and make recommendations for changes to remain incompliance
• Prepare ad hoc and required industry and regulatory reports including audit inquires in compliance with internal and external regulations
• Prepare/collaborate on presentations, reports, white papers, etc.
• Ensure compliance with internal and external documentation and disclosure requirements
• Serve as a subject matter expert with internal and external auditors (e.g., NCUA, CFPB, and contracted third parties) to address and resolve audit questions and findings
• Provide expert guidance for application and implementation of new controls/processes and the analysis of highly complex transactions to determine proper accounting treatment
• Investigate and resolve discrepancies by actively collaborating and communicating across businesslines
• Serve as resource for the resolution of complex and/or unique problems
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Participate in development and implementation of systems of large scope and scale
• Serve on automated financial systems improvement initiatives
• Monitor automated processes and reports for accuracy and completion; contribute to processimprovement
• Gather and prepare data for various financial, compliance and internal reports
• Develop and recommend enhancements to improve operational processes and procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
• Experience in applying techniques used in analyzing and reporting financial information
• Advanced knowledge of financial accounting and management techniques
• Experience in public and/or private accounting applying accounting treatments and resolving accounting issues
• Moderate experience interpreting and applying accounting principles
• Advance skill working with financial accounting systems used in the management and analysis of financial data
• Effective skill in managing timelines/deadlines
• Advance research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advance skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Advance skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Advance skill collaborating with various external/internal technical and/or functional contacts
• Expert verbal and written communication skills
• Effective database and presentation software skills
• Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Desired - Experience in credit union financials and/or NCUA regulations
• Desired - Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley control environment
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | 9999 Willow Creek Road San Diego, CA 92131
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: [$72,300] to [$123,500] Plus 10% Premium Pay and Significant Bonus Potential
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...