Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Understand the various investors’ servicing guidelines to be able to perform, as well as, assist with leading and management (supervising, planning and controls of the day-to-day operations) of the Investor Reporting (IR) team in the servicing of the mortgage loans sold portfolio to investors through the performance of 3 critical functions: (1) remittance, (2) reporting and (3) reconciliation activities as mandated by GSEs’ (Ginnie Mae, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae) and Private Investors’ servicing guidelines on a timely and accurate basis.
• Stay abreast of applicable changes in the mortgage industry, as well as, changing or newly issued investors’ servicing guidelines/requirements, federal, state and industry laws and regulations to assist management in the assessment of risks and impacts to processes and controls
• Thorough understanding of IR’s processes and controls to effectively execute controls and/or identify weaknesses in controls in order to develop and/or implement corrective actions
• Lead the monthly accounting activities to include review and analysis of financial records in the completion of custodial bank accounts and general ledger reconciliations, investor sales activities, as well as, monthly IR analytics package to management
• Lead the processing of weekly bulk requests for repurchases, Mortgage Loans Held for Investment (MLI)/Mortgage Loans Awaiting Sale (MLAS) loan reclasses, etc.
• Review and analyze mortgage loan activity within Black Knight’s (BK) Mortgage Servicing Platform (MSP), other NFCU’s internal systems, GSEs’ systems and investors’ trial balances and reports to assess for accuracy, resolve issues (i.e. loan activity rejects), respond to inquiries from investors/business units (BU) and/or reporting submissions to GSEs
• Subject Matter Expert for the Risk Sharing (RS) and Representations and Warranties (R&W) area as it pertains to performing monthly model updates for the accrued liability journal entries, executive summaries, projected servicing expense impact for net income projection to accounting, quarterly deliverable for NCUA reporting, annual budget projections and footnote disclosures and requests and questions from BUs, investors and/or management
• Lead the preparation and calculation of various schedules required for the annual compliance audits
• Assist management to prepare, gather requested documentation, update desktop procedures, draft responses to questions and monitor prepared by client (PBCs) for various audits and reviews
• Serve as IR’s lead on UAT for companywide initiatives and projects as it pertains to creating test cases, written requirements, testing and keeping management abreast of projects, issues and deadlines
• Assist management on various BK’s enhancements to MSP or investors driven initiatives
• Assist management in the creation of new metrics, forecasts or reports at the directive of senior leadership due to changes in the industry or from management’s changing or evolving needs
• Assist management in updating the inventory of controls around all servicing requirements and related controls for the GSEs, Private Investors and FHA/HUD, and collaborate with multiple business areas to ensure all risks are mitigated and build out the key control matrices
• Identify areas and opportunities for process improvements, operational efficiencies and automation and serve as IR’s lead in those efforts when collaborating with other teams
• Interact and collaborate with investors and/or various BUs (i.e. Servicing, Lending, Default, Capital Markets, etc.) when questions arise, resolve reporting and remittance issues and/or projects/initiatives
• Perform 1st level review, as well as, serve as mentor/trainer to Investor Reporting Analysts I
• Perform other duties and ad hoc requests as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or other related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Agile and flexible to changes whether driven by mortgage industry, investors, company or department initiatives/mandates
• Advanced knowledge or experience of the mortgage industry
• Advanced knowledge of accounting, credit union, and/or lending principles and techniques
• Significant experience in applying accounting knowledge in performing transactions and reconciliation
• Advanced knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA and relevant mortgage investor guidelines
• Significant experience with investor reporting functions in a mortgage secondary marketing environment
• Significant experience identifying relevant analytical problems, determining appropriate diagnostic methods and solving unique and complex issues/problems
• Advanced skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Significant experience managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment
• Advanced skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Advanced word, PowerPoint and excel skills
• Significant experience in leading, guiding and mentoring less experienced staff
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Experience or knowledge of GSEs (GNMA, FNMA, FHLMC)
• Familiarity with Navy Federal products, services, systems, policies and procedures
• Experience with Black Knight’s Mortgage Servicing Platform (MSP)
• Certified Public Accountant designation
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180
Salary range: [$74,700] to [$104,400]
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...