Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain expert functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts, and trends.
Required & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• ServiceNow administrator certification and 1 year of experience; 2 years preferred
• Ensures horizontal discovery and service mapping is highly available, reliant, scalable, and performant
• Significant experience in leading, guiding and coaching professional staff
• Provide engineering ability, leadership, and mentorship of ServiceNow Discovery and ServiceNow Service Mapping
• Perform engineering technology research, procurement support, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems
• Apply engineering principles into the design and enhancement of effective and proper platform solutions
• Create engineering documentation for new or existing solution designs and integrations
• Demonstrable understanding of IT operations and service management practices
• Strong experience in the ServiceNow CMDB and proper use of the data model
• Experience leading discussions related to ServiceNow implementations of discovery, mapping, and integrations across hybrid architectures: distributed, datacenter, cloud, IoT
• Experience in hybrid operating system environments; Unix, Windows, Network, Cloud, Containers, Serverless
• Experience with multisource discovery, robust transformation engine (RTE), identification reconciliation engine (IRE) rules, and Integration Hub patterns
• Design solutions and solution alternatives, effectively solicit and incorporate feedback, and present options to leadership
• Experience creating and supporting patterns, probes, and sensors to accommodate discovery requirements. Scriptable API development is a plus.
• Experience with platform planning, testing, and validation
• Experience in triaging, diagnosing, or troubleshooting and using native features of the platform
• Present clear, organized, and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions; ability to communicate across the organization at various levels
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions including compliance with Navy Federal, industry engineering and Information Security principles and practices
• Advanced knowledge of engineering discipline
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
• Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Expert database and presentation software skills
• Expert research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Expert verbal and written communication skills
• Expert word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Perform engineering tasks and assignments in support of business needs
• Experience with cloud native technologies including deployment of discovery on containerized environments
• Experience using the ServiceNow common service data model (CSDM)
• Experience connecting the CMDB to organizational outcomes (e.g., portfolio management)
• Experience with Agile delivery with a focus in SAFe
• Experience in knowledge base for documentation efforts
• Experience building application flows and flow designer in ServiceNow
• Experience developing scriptable API on ServiceNow
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Salary: $95,600 - $163,500
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...