Professional development and training opportunities to help employees grow in their careers and the life they want to lead
Best-in-class benefits with generous vacation, paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, discounts and more
Unique culture where team members are passionate about the mission which creates clarity, alignment and purpose
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The Senior Technology Product Analyst (TPA) elicits, researches, analyzes, and documents the functional, non-functional, and data requirements enabling the design, development, and delivery of new product capabilities and features within the Core Banking Services product domain. The TPA is a key contributor to the product management lifecycle partnering with the Technology Product Owner/Manager to build and maintain the product backlog and roadmap including intake, refinement, and prioritization to deliver on Navy Federal’s enterprise strategic goals. As a senior member of the product delivery team, leadership, an analytical mindset, problem-solving ability, and effective communication are all must-have qualities to be successful in this role.
• Partner with key technology and business stakeholders to define, refine, and prioritize the product backlog including themes, epics, capabilities, features, and stories throughout the product life cycle.
• Elicit, research, analyze, and document functional, non-functional, and data requirements utilizing a variety of requirement analysis techniques including, but not limited to stakeholder interviews, requirements workshops, business process modeling, diagramming, use case analysis, data analysis, journey mapping, and prototyping.
• Facilitate requirements discussions, present requirements and supporting material through alternative views, and continuously incorporate feedback into the product backlog.
• Participate in vendor evaluation and selection including, but not limited to authoring RFP requirements, test & learns / proof of concepts, and vendor scoring.
• Collaborate with vendors on the design, development, and delivery of new products and platforms.
• Evaluate alternative solutions and processes as necessary.
• Identify risks/issues and collaborate with the project/product team to mitigate.
• Support/lead team of peers including training, mentorship, and assignment or delegation of tasks.
• Provide timely and concise communication of information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communication channels.
• Take initiative to acquire and maintain knowledge of current and emerging trends in the IT and Financial Services fields.
• Manage multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
• 10+ years experience as a Product Owner/Manager, Product Development Analyst, Business Technology Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, or other related role.
• Experience with Financial Services industry applications, systems, standards, practices, and trends.
• Knowledge of product management practices and/or direct experience working in a product management environment.
• Knowledge and experience applying agile delivery methodologies and frameworks (e.g., SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) to deliver new products and capabilities.
• Knowledge of software/system engineering best practices.
• Effective planning, research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize multiple large, complex efforts.
• Ability to lead teams and exercise initiative and good judgement.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals utilizing effective planning, organization, and time management skills.
• Ability to resolve problems and identify root cause.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Office application suite including Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Experience with Core Banking platforms and products (e.g., Mainframe and Cloud-native Core Banking Platforms, ACH Processing, Debit Card Processing, Digital Payments, Wires, Money Management, etc.)
• SAFe Agilist, Product Owner / Product Manager, Scrum Master, Lean Portfolio Management certification or other related SAFe certifications.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM), DevOps, Microsoft Azure, or other IT industry certifications.
• Knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, operations, processes, and procedures.
• Demonstrated understanding of API design and development.
• Demonstrated understanding of database concepts and experience querying data via SQL.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526
Salary: $83,100 - $142,000
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 10 million members, over $149 billion in assets and over 32,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 345 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...