YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2022 Best for Vets Employers
• Yello and WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Place to Work for Financial and Insurance Services
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• Ripplematch Campus Forward Award – Excellence in Early Career Hiring
To analyze and evaluate new and existing information security programs and procedures to protect corporate information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction. To design and implement new and enhanced security solutions and procedures to control and manage information assets and meet corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Analyzes and evaluates existing information security programs and procedures to protect corporate information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction
• Designs and implements security solutions and procedures to control and manage information assets and meet corporate and regulatory requirements
• Documents and maintains information security programs and procedures to protect all information systems data, including mainframe, networks, and software applications
• Participates in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs
• Maintains a continuous process improvement work environment, recommending and implementing new/improved systems in accordance with industry standards and best practices
• Assists in creating and enforcing security standards and procedures
• Performs risk assessments and security testing as part of a security engineering team.
• Analyzes information security communication and computer system designs and architectures for secure implementation
• Identifies and analyzes potential risks/threats to information security and responds to reported security violations; performs incident analysis to determine causes, possible solutions, and remedial actions required to ensure information security
• Monitors system performance and makes recommendations for system and/or process improvements
• Participates in identifying, evaluating, testing and implementing new security products, tools and systems for implementation of the secure infrastructure
• Reviews existing and proposed legislation and regulations related to information security
• Participates in the research and development of proposals to enhance information security
• Researches and maintains current knowledge regarding information security issues, trends, solutions and potential implications for Navy Federal
• Prepares regular status reports of information security for each critical system
• Facilitates meetings with management and employees to educate staff about the requirements of information security and to improve information security awareness
• Develops communications and training materials regarding security policies, guideline
and standards to provide control and consistency throughout the organization
• Participates in special projects and task groups across department lines
• Analyzes and resolves unique, difficult, and highly complex projects and processes of a large scope and scale
• Lead large, complex multidisciplinary projects and initiatives, which have high business risk and impact
• Participates in the development and implementation of systems of large scope and scale
• Leverages extensive troubleshooting expertise
• Leads, guides, and mentors other analysts
• Serves as subject matter expert
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
• Extensive experience in the analysis, design, and/ or implementation of information technology in a secure environment
• Extensive experience in computer and information security assessment, administration, and management
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of best practices, trends related to information security
• Comprehensive knowledge of information security regulations and legislations
• Formal project management experience which involved organization skills, managing strategy, project communications (internal and external to team), and planning and directing the work of participants
• Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Highly developed communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
• Knowledge of NCUA and FFIEC regulations, GLBA, PCI and other information security requirements and frameworks
• Advanced college degree in information security, cyber security, information technology, etc.
• Experience with security systems, assessment tools, and technical security
• Professional certification (CISSP, CISM, CRISC) or a reasonable expectation to obtain the certification
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $87,800 - $160,900 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 06/05/2023
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 12 million members, over $155 billion in assets and over 22,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 350 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...