YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2022 Best for Vets Employers
• Yello and WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Place to Work for Financial and Insurance Services
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• Ripplematch Campus Forward Award – Excellence in Early Career Hiring
As the Support Lead for Desktop Risk Mitigation, you are expected to provide day-to-day support related to desktop risk mitigation, as well as operational and technical guidance for the team. You will promote leadership efforts, act as the intermediary for the team, and serve as a subject matter expert for critical issues. In addition, you are expected to assist in ensuring objectives are met in a timely manner, maintaining operational stability, tracking performance & development metrics, and provide focus to risk and vulnerability management.
• Provide comprehensive day-to-day operational, technical, and troubleshooting support
• Provide support to address concerns and escalations related to Desktop Risk Mitigation
• Recommend, develop, and maintain complete and accurate documentation for supported environments, technology, and strategy
• Promote and necessitate the development of standard operating procedures and metrics reporting
• Assist in developing key performance indicators; track data and write reports on team objectives
• Develop metrics and reporting; performs data analytics and trend analysis to measure performance and identify improvement opportunities
• Assess operational procedures (or lack thereof), identify hazards, recommend & implement controls, and monitor those controls
• Identify and drive service improvement opportunities
• Oversee technical adherence to organizational directives, standards, and instructions relating to systems under management
• Provide effective and efficient feedback for the allocation of staff resources to service projects and daily work efforts by scoping out the level of effort, length, and duration
• Ensure compliance with Navy Federal Credit Union Information Security and ISD standards and best practices
• Perform analysis of applications and enhancements for process improvement or re-engineering
• Initiate and prioritize multiple activities for assigned support areas to complete functions
• Perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve recurring technical problems
• Participate in, and help manage teams and task groups for projects/initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
• Build and maintain effective relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders, and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Lead, guide, and mentor less experienced staff
• Full life–cycle project management
o Establish and lead project teams
o Develop project plan/scope/schedule/cost/communications
o Procure and/or manage resources/timelines/deadlines/quality
o Risk, Issue, and Change management
o Ensure successful project implementation
o Scope of responsibility
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security Engineering, Risk Management, Information Technology or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• 2 years’ experience with ServiceNow Vulnerability Response, ServiceNow Issue Management, and Rapid 7 and/or Tenable
• 5 years’ experience with SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power BI, MECM (Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager), Defender for Endpoint, and other Microsoft owned applications
• 2 years’ experience with Jamf, and MacOS systems
• 3 years’ experience in leading and guiding professional staff, with the ability to coordinate and set team priorities for multiple efforts to achieve goals and objectives
• 3 years’ experience in project coordination, user testing, & meeting facilitation overseeing process execution
• 4 years’ experience in diagnosing system & process-oriented issues, presenting technical solutions, and establishing alternative processes
• 4 years’ experience in establishing and/or driving process improvement or re-engineering, i.e., Kaizen.
• Strong experience in MS Excel pivot tables, data analytics, evaluating team productivity and performance metrics, ServiceNow dashboards, and other related tools and reporting.
• Familiarity with development and/or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially experience with executive-level communications
• Ability to apply professional-level functional knowledge to identify and solve moderately complex problems.Proficient in drafting technical and end-user procedures
• Prior understanding of Information Technology operations performance, reliability, and availability metrics
• Capability to make sound decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
• Advanced experience working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, and vendors
• Advanced exposure and experience in developing action plans and presenting recommendations to management for security posture and risk and compliance strategies
• Advanced experience with audit and risk management; ability to review assessments and establish mitigations
• Familiarity with desktop software management and governing principles
• Ability to use tact and diplomacy to exchange information and address sensitive issues.
• Demonstrated experience in vulnerability management and patch management methodologies and tools
• Master’s degree in Cyber Security Engineering, Risk Management, Information Technology, or related field
• CISSP and/or GIAC certification(s)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $74,400 - $127,200 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 06/11/2023
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Maternity leave coaching
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Navy Federal Credit Union is the world's largest credit union with over 12 million members, over $155 billion in assets and over 22,000 employees. As a credit union, we have members, not customers. At our campuses in Vienna, VA, Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA, and in our more than 350 branches, we serve the men and women of the Armed Forces, Department of Defense, ...