The manager will serve as the organization's subject matter expert (SME) and provide vision, strategic direction, and technology roadmap for a comprehensive Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) solution for member-facing channels, including ATM, Branch, Contact Center, and Digital Banking. They will provide a forward-looking industry perspective, evaluate and recommend best-in-class technology solutions, and effect best practices throughout the CIAM service lifecycle.
The CIAM Strategy Manager will collaborate closely with leadership, internal business partners, and external vendors to analyze business needs and implement scalable and flexible solutions to support a world-class CIAM system. They should possess a robust and tenured background in driving CIAM strategy, technology solutions, and experience with systems like ForgeRock, Ping, Daon, ThreatMetrix, and other CIAM-related tools. They will also partner with the Vendor Management Office to participate in contract analysis and competitive market assessment for vendor selection and management.
• Define the future of member-facing Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) services and ensure practices and processes are standardized and repeatable.
• Establish, document, and implement Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) services, capabilities, roadmap, and policies and procedures to key stakeholders and partners across the enterprise.
• Guide and analyze benchmarking, trend analysis, and other input to drive continuous improvement and elevate service performance
• Bring external perspectives and ideas from relevant sources, keep current with technology, government/policy impacts, and industry best practices.
• Partner with Enterprise Architects to determine and define the technical architecture required to implement and support the Service
• Evaluates the performance and trends of assigned services to customers, including defined KPIs and SLAs, and ensure service levels are achieved in line with SLAs and SLOs
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders, and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Ensure effective and efficient allocation of staff resources (supply) to service projects and initiatives (demand) by scoping out the length and duration of projects
• Establish workforces by identifying the skills required to fulfill project portfolio needs and provide a steady availability of high-quality resources
• Perform benchmarking and trend analysis to incorporate continuous improvement or defined enhancements into the Service(s) functions
• Partner with ISD Resource and Vendor Managers to ensure that the right resources (skills, competencies, team size) are available and obtainable
• Provide constructive and actionable feedback to resources, Resource Managers, and Vendor Managers to ensure expected performance and satisfy service SLAs
• Ensures compliance with Navy Federal's standards, practices, and processes
• Ensure clear, concise, and effective communication of material
• Performs supervisory/managerial duties:
- Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
- Establish performance goals and priorities
- Prepare, conduct, and review performance appraisals
- Develop, mentor, and counsel staff
- Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for the Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
- Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
- Ensure efficiency of operations
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, IT Security, or other related field
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or other industry certification
• Significant experience working in a large IT organization responsible for implementing and overseeing an Identity and Access Management domain and controls program, preferably in a financial services organization.
• Experience with fraud detection and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) vendors like ThreatMetrix, Pindrop, Nuance, and Daon.
• Experience with Customer Identity and Access Management vendors like ForgeRock, Ping, and SiteMinder.
• Experience in Identity Proofing and vendors like Lexis Nexis, Experian, IDMe, etc.
• Significant experience with vendors and management of vendor contracts and statements of work.
• Exposure to leading, guiding, and coaching professional staff
• Exposure to resource allocation and management
• Exposure to managing personnel and information technology resources
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Exposure to working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Effective skill in presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives, and information clearly and concisely
• Working knowledge of development or operations framework methodologies, including agile methodologies
• Effective skill relationship-building, negotiation, and facilitation skills
• Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes, and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 I Remote
You have goals, dreams, hobbies, and things you're passionate about—what's important to you is important to us. We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family, and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen. Don't take our word for it:
• Military Times 2022 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• Ripplematch Campus Forward Award - Excellence in Early Career Hiring
• Fortune Best Place to Work for Financial and Insurance Services
Equal Employment Opportunity: Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimers: Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position. Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume. Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position
Bank Secrecy Act: Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.