About the position:
The Vice President, Sales - East will be responsible for achieving corporate annual revenue, gross customer retention, and net customer retention targets. Sales are fulfilled through channels; yet, the Netskope sales force has a “direct touch” with CISOs, Network Security and Network Managers and their direct reports. The VP Sales, East will ensure that transactions are properly structured to achieve profitability expectations (Margin). Netskope is a growth-oriented company, the VP, East will have demonstrated success in growing and scaling a sales organization that has a primary route to market through channels. (VARs, GSIs and SIs)
Superior leadership and vision.
Netskope is focused on continuing the achievement of rapid revenue growth, therefore it is the responsibility of the VP, Sales - East will be to build, mentor, and motivate the sales organization. The VP, Sales - East must provide visible and effective revenue leadership and customer advocacy within the Company and to its partners and clients. The successful VP, Sales - East candidate will be able to demonstrate leadership and vision that can win the respect of his/her organization and the entire Company.
Sales management and administration.
The VP, Sales - East will be responsible for ensuring that the sales organization runs efficiently, professionally and maintains integrity at all times. This includes:
- Accountability for business results, including annual and quarterly revenue targets, gross customer retention, net customer retention targets, market share targets within applicable market segments, and sales expense budgets.
- Monitoring and assessing performance against the plan on a regular basis to identify successes that can be leveraged.
- Accurate forecasting through the use and management of the Company’s pipeline management system, and regular forecast commitments to the Senior Vice President, North America Sales and the Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales.
- Participate in the structural elements of assigning quotas, ensuring balanced territory assignments, maintaining a productive sales force and mitigating day to day challenges that arise in the organization. .
- Keeping abreast of changes in the marketplace and industry trends and providing strategic leadership on these subjects to the Company.
- Operate as the senior sales leader in the region, working collaboratively with other leaders (Channels, Sales Engineering, Support) and other related function to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and improved.
- 20+ years experience working within a Sales organization, SaaS environments are preferred
- 15+ years sales leadership experience, 5 yrs at a Vice President capacity including managing a group of 1st line managers.
- Successful track record selling security and networking technologies including network security technologies such as Proxies, Next Gen Firewalls, SSL/IPSec, VPN’s, SSO, DLP and Encryption gateway to the Fortune 1,000.
- Verifiable track record of exceeding quota
- Good working experience with key local resellers, national partners, and experience establishing and fostering strong Channel Partner relationships,
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, train, retain, and motivate sales teams
- Prior management of territories generating over $200 million in revenue
- Resides in the targeted geography w/local relationships
- Travel 50%-75% within region
- Bachelor Degree/MBA preferred