hrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a VP Administrative Assistant to support the Vice President Chief Technology Officer of Space Systems sector. This position provides a broad range of administrative support and requires excellent communication and task management skills, as well as interacting confidentially with all levels of leadership. The selected candidate thrives in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels. This position is located in our Dulles VA facility.
Keys to success include:
- Working well under pressure.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Completing requirements in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
- Proactive, strategic mindset, self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Roles and responsibilities of the CTO VP Admin will include (but not be limited to) the following :
- Providing administrative support to the CTO of the Space Systems sector.
- Handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Collecting and preparing information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and external individuals.
- Preparing presentation materials for ELT and customer meetings.
- Making high level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company.
- Working on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercising judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Facilitating program meetings, executive meetings, and customer visits.
- Demonstrating a wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the job and practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered at the executive level.
- Operating independently to meet requirements of leadership team and offering expertise to assist other functions within organization.
- Assisting events and activities of major organization initiatives.
- Report generation and compilation.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- High School Diploma with 6+ years related work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Computer skills required include advanced expertise in Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel), SharePoint (or equivalent), and intranet/internet proficiency.
- Proactive, highly motivated and adaptable, with excellent organizational skills including juggling multiple tasks, evolving needs, and competing priorities across a dynamic and geographically dispersed team.
- Experience interfacing with executive level internal and external contacts with autonomy.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and proven success in organizing, prioritizing, and completing assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate Outlook calendar, conference call, and shared link applications.
- Experience coordinating on and off-site meetings and/or events.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman's specific systems (SAP, Concur, Facilities requests, IBUY, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of NGC resources, policies, and procedures.
- Experience and proficiency with Concur (or similar) travel and expense reporting system.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance.
Salary Range: $73,200 - $122,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.