At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation's military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman's 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction https://1322.29 .The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members**.**
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman - Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals - Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission "Defining Possible" on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome - Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Airborne Systems Operator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Test and Engineering organization.
This role will be located in Palmdale, CA
T&E is responsible for manufacturing and assembly of space vehicle subsystems; assembly, integration and test of spacecraft buses and payloads; laboratory, ground and flight test of manned and unmanned aircraft; design, development and operations of aircraft System Integration Labs and both aircraft and spacecraft environmental labs; and the design and build of test instrumentation and data systems. It is our job to make sure our cutting edge products are ready to deploy to our customers and complete their missions. To this end, we employ Test Engineers, Test Conductors, Test Directors, Technicians, Design Engineers, Software Engineers, Data/Instrumentation Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Network Engineers, System Administrators, Test Pilots, Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Pilots, Weapons/Sensor Operators, and Mission Planners at operating locations in Rancho Bernardo, Palmdale and Edwards AFB, CA; Melbourne and St Augustine, FL; Patuxent River, MD; and MISC Offsite Locations.
• Remotely operates payload sensors to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
• Assess operation of sensors and the quality collected data, which may include, but is not limited to, electro-optical imagery, infrared imagery, synthetic aperture radar imagery, and moving target indicator data (ground and maritime).
• Define and execute complex collection plans for flight test events.
• Participate in briefings and debriefings, and coordinates with maintenance personnel to analyze and correct vehicle discrepancies.
• Candidate may participate in demonstration flights with customers, government officials or other personnel to exhibit vehicle performance, flying qualities and system capabilities.
• Conduct Mission System and Air Vehicle ground and flight tests, as a crewmember or non-crewmember, to support the System Specification verification process, Production Verification, and follow on testing.
• Defines plans, organizes and executes complex flight profiles and flight test events.
• Act as engineering and data analysis liaison for Future Development Insertion for the System.
• Write technical reports for ground and flight test events.
• Attend Air Vehicle and Mission System Technical Interchange Meetings, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, and Flight Readiness Reviews.
• Support engineering with development of test plans, procedures, and test cards.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
• Bachelor's degree with 3 years of related experience in military aviation operations OR a High School Diploma with 7 years of directly related military aviation operations.
• 3 years of experience as an aircrew
• Current Class III FAA Physical or better
• Current active DoD Secret clearance with investigation in last 5-6 years required.
• Experience as MQ-1/MQ-9/RQ-4 aircrew
• Instructor/evaluator experience
• Military intelligence analyst
• Flight test experience
• Current DoD Top Secret
Salary Range: $85,000 - $127,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. https://U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs