At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Structures Business Unit has an opening for an Aircraft Inspector 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located at our Clearfield, Utah facility.
This position involves detailed inspection of composites parts and assemblies throughout the manufacturing process of composite structures for quality and design verification in a fast-paced production environment. It requires knowledge and experience related to detailed visual inspections, dimensional inspections of machined parts and the use of standard measuring instruments.
Other specific job duties include:
• Create Material Review Board (MRB) and Interface with Quality Engineering and program engineering on issues
• This job has decision-making responsibilities with regard to the acceptance or rejection of work and tests performed and the determination of measuring equipment used
• Inspections vary from close tolerance dimensional checks to general surveillance of the work in progress
• Inspects mechanical final assembly installations of Detail parts into assemblies
• Inspects systems such as hydraulic, electrical installations
• May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
• Requires very limited to no supervision
• May assist in orienting, training, assigning and verifying the work of lower-level employees
• Duties & tasks are varied and moderately complex. Frequent contact with individuals representing other departments, including customer representatives
Competencies for Success:
• Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set
• Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
ganization• Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the or
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• High aptitude for learning
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED required (education will be verified) a minimum of 6 years of manufacturing operations and inspection experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment
• Must have Active DoD Secret Clearance last investigated within 5 1/2 years and the ability to obtain special program access •
• Must have technical strengths in composite processing, operations, and inspection
• Must be able to use standard measuring inspection tools/equipment and able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
• Proficient in Microsoft applications
This position requires the ability to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include:
• Bending, stooping, kneeling, carrying tools, lifting up to 50 pounds and working overhead
• Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules•
• Must be able to certify for half and full-face respirator
• Must be able to work around composites, epoxies, and sealants for long periods of time
Salary Range: $68,900 - $114,900
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. https://U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs